Breaking: STL Police Shoot and Kill Black Teen at Gas Station

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Do these officers not know how to shoot at the leg?
Officers, military and the general public that take gun training do not train to shoot limbs. Why do people keep pushing this bullshyt?

You are taught to aim at the Center of mass not limbs. This means the torso. When you shoot a gun you want to make sure you hit your target and you do that by aiming for the largest target.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Officers, military and the general public that take gun training do not train to shoot limbs. Why do people keep pushing this bullshyt?

You are taught to aim at the Center of mass not limbs. This means the torso. When you shoot a gun you want to make sure you hit your target and you do that by aiming for the largest target.
So why does that only come into play when it's us? The dude who killed 12 people in the movie theater should've been lit up 3x over yet he was only apprehended.

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
Mike Brown wasn't strapped. They shyt was bogus. I understand about that shyt being wrong

This one is just the cop trying to save his own life. We all would do the same if a gun is drawn in our faces.

I'm assuming you don't having any evidence in regard to my question.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Why, it wont matter what he say, see Dorian Johnson
Or the other 15+ eye witnesses. Cacs dont give a fuk about eye witnesses anymore when it show the cop was in the wrong. Mike brown show us that and eric garner show us that. Dont let them fool you with, lets wait for his girlfriend and his friend that was with him. They will make another ridiculous bullshyt tale

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
So why does that only come into play when it's us? The dude who killed 12 people in the movie theater should've been lit up 3x over yet he was only apprehended.
There are plenty of cases where white suspects are shot. However I'm willing to bet that cops escalate situations more quickly with blacks than whites and the reason for that is because of racism in America against blacks.

However in saying that, on the same token more often does not mean all the time. Also I believe aiming for center of mass is a great gauge of what to aim for. Unless you're a competitive marksman instead of passing one, aiming for a narrow target like a MOVING limb during a high stress situation is an extremely bad bet.

Movies and video games lie over the accuracy of a gun. Real life physics isn't as forgiving.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Not really.
That wasn't a comparative statement BTW between white and black. I'm simply stating that white suspects are being shot. I'm in the phone so I can't do any number posting until I get home.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I'm just trying to figure out what logical reason would it be this teen to wanna pull out the burner on a cop? Doing some research..... Friends who knew him claimed that Martin wasn't the type to carry a gun on him; Despite being troubled and having a record which is irrelevant. His parents knew that he wasn't perfect, but also wasn't violent. Martin was chillin at his girlfriend's before him and his friend went to the gas station. As he's leaving, the cop shows up, confronts Martin and the friend, cop gets out, Martin pulls out an object, cop shoots him 3 times, his friend takes off. His girlfriend shows up tries to go comfort him and the cops prevent her. She then calls for emergency to come to his aid but they hang up on her. He lays there suffering from his injuries for 30 min before the ambulances finally arrive. Crowd control was called 1st.....He then gets put in a black suv which is eerily similar to what happened to Micheal Brown after he was murdered.

I'm not sure if I glossed over any other details but I think I pretty much covered everything. I still don't believe he had a gun...The footage released doesn't show a clear view. This is only what the cops are saying and just because they are cops....We have to believe it. I believe he pulled out a phone to record him. That's why its important for his friend to eventually speak out since he witnessed it all but even he might not be seen as credible. People would say that he's lying...We saw how the black witnesses were treated in the Micheal Brown case. When those 2 white construction workers came forward, now all of a sudden there were credible witnesses and even then cacs started questioning their credibility.

That's why we can't win......The media's coverage on this issue is extremely one sided for the favor of cops. They hold their word as gospel and its always not.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
That wasn't a comparative statement BTW between white and black. I'm simply stating that white suspects are being shot. I'm in the phone so I can't do any number posting until I get home.

This is from a politifact article disputing that recent claim by Bill O'Reilly who made the mortal sin of simply citing raw number data to make a case instead of relativistic rates. Again Blacks are shot by police at a higher relative rate compared to whites but the issue is that the poster I responded to is falling into the trap a lot of people have been doing lately which is cherry picking high profile cases that probably don't even make up 2% of the total shootings by police in a year and acting like blacks are the only victims of police shootings.. Its not a good argument. Counter to what that poster said, police use deadly force against whites too but they do it at a significant lower rate compared to blacks BASED ON THESE NUMBERS.

However, as mentioned in this article and in others, even this number is kind of shytty because police shooting reporting is self-reported and is not mandatory to provide data relented to the shooting outside of saying you shot someone. Its not scientifically tracked. Which needs to change.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...reilly-cites-faulty-data-claim-about-shootin/
More problems with O’Reilly’s numbers

Beyond the lack of clear national data for these deaths, experts found more problems with O’Reilly’s citation of CDC numbers.

O’Reilly’s reference of the number of whites killed in legal interventions does not strictly account for non-Hispanic whites. People who identify as Hispanic are also counted in the total of 326 deaths.

Running the search again for whites but excluding Hispanics leaves 227 deaths from legal interventions -- substantially fewer deaths due to the absence of 97 white Hispanics previously in the mix (in the black category, two were identified as black Hispanic).

"So if you are interested in people of color, what they list in the white data is too high," Walker said of O’Reilly’s figures.

Additionally, the per capita rate of black deaths per 100,000 residents is .28, which is twice as high as the rate for white deaths of .13, Walker points out.

Last edited: