Breaking: Mass shooting at Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana. 4 dead, 2 injured. Gunman dead. Smh. (UPDATE: Gunman info/name/pic released)

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
You cant because this country was founded on guns and gun ownership

There arent really any other countries that can say the same thing(maybe some eastern european countries)
Western "civilization" owes its whole existence to guns.

And I put quotes on the word "civilized" because mass shootings should not happen every couple of days in a (supposedly) civilized country.

Western "civilization" went from barbarism to decadence without ever experiencing a period of civilization whatsoever.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Do you think a hive mind emerges when armed people are shopping, where they all instantly know how to communicate with each other to pin down an active threat.

The clear distinction between the military tactic you're describing and random armed people shopping should be obvious. You can't really strategize without communication. And if someone is wearing armor, they're likely anticipating being shot, unlike the armed shoppers with handguns on their person.

The guard in that store engaged and shot the shooter, the guard of any store is likely going to be the most trained person for this task, and while he put up a good effort, he was outmatched by someone that anticipated being shot at. Your answer is more people who aren't prepared to be shot, shooting at a person that accepted and prepared for the possibility that he might be shot before he even entered the store.
As opposed to your answer, which is hoping that the mass shooter just happens to not shoot you?

And i would assume that a semi-intelligent human who would see a person walking into a super market in full tactical gear and an automatic weapon, would put themselves on alert and take stock of their surroundings

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
As opposed to your answer, which is hoping that the mass shooter just happens to not shoot you?

And i would assume that a semi-intelligent human who would see a person walking into a super market in full tactical gear and an automatic weapon, would put themselves on alert and take stock of their surroundings

If your argument is "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it" that's fine with me, but you're arguing that we introduce even more guns into a society that is already over-armed for the off chance that a bad guy appears even though the data doesn't support that more guns is a solution.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You really so stupid to think everybody is ready to buss guns? If that's the case, why aren't more ppl joining the military? Why aren't more people joining the police force? National guard?

Everybody aint cut out to be blasting guns. Everybody aint got that type of attitude to even want to shoot and kill another human being.
Y'all have a weird tendency to project your own shortcomings and insecurities onto other people instead of standing up and enbracing your own inadequacies

If guns scare you then just say that. If you are scared of arming yourself then just say that. Just make sure you scope out all the best hiding spots whenever you're in public, in case you end up in a situation similar to what happened at the mall

Joining the military just to go occupy foreign countries has absolutely no relation to taking precautions to protect yourself in your own country. You dont have to desire to become a navy seal in order for you to want to be proficient with firearms for self-protection. That was a ridiculously illogical mental jump that you just made

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Another white mass shooter huh?

w9h63y6pm1491.jpg

Gun laws aren't changing in this country anytime soon, so while liberals are gonnabe begging for a repeal of the 2nd amendment for the next 30 years, I'm gonna continue to carry and train, to at least give myself a chance if i'm ever in this situation (hopefully not)
/thread

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If your argument is "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it" that's fine with me, but you're arguing that we introduce even more guns into a society that is already over-armed for the off chance that a bad guy appears even though the data doesn't support that more guns is a solution.
Society isn't over-armed

Most of the posters on here dont own any guns

Guns are concentrated within certain specific(mostly white) communities

They know that a lot of minorities(specifically black and hispanic people) are scared of owning guns, which emboldens them to go into areas with our elders and children and massacre them

The buffalo shooter even said that he was confident that the only armed person he would have to deal with before murdering the elderly black people in that tops, was the security guard iirc. He should never have been confident about that

Theres a reason why gun stores and gun shows rarely ever get shot up

People move differently when they know that they're not the only armed person in the area

Daps
Y'all have a weird tendency to project your own shortcomings and insecurities onto other people instead of standing up and enbracing your own inadequacies

If guns scare you then just say that. If you are scared of arming yourself then just say that. Just make sure you scope out all the best hiding spots whenever you're in public, in case you end up in a situation similar to what happened at the mall

Joining the military just to go occupy foreign countries has absolutely no relation to taking precautions to protect yourself in your own country. You dont have to desire to become a navy seal in order for you to want to be proficient with firearms for self-protection. That was a ridiculously illogical mental jump that you just made

You are an idiot. There's no getting through to you.

So my 78 year old grandma should own a gun and be ready to shoot if a gunman comes through the door of her local supermarket?

My 17 year old baby sister is supposed to own a gun and be ready to shoot if a gunman comes through the door of the movies?

You are blindingly stupid.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You are an idiot. There's no getting through to you.

So my 78 year old grandma should own a gun and be ready to shoot if a gunman comes through the door of her local supermarket?

My 17 year old baby sister is supposed to own a gun and be ready to shoot if a gunman comes through the door of the movies?

You are blindingly stupid.
Please dont quote me with anymore emotional strawmen

I have no idea why you're mad at me because you're afraid of owning a gun but thats a personal problem that you gotta work out with yourself

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Still reduced violence compared to other states, so I'm not seeing your point :blessed:
Im sure that the families ogmf the victims of that mass murder would love to see you celebrating their loved ones' deaths like you are in this thread

Some of yall try way too hard on here and it comes off as borderline spectrum

Daps
Please dont quote me with anymore emotional strawmen

I have no idea why you're mad at me because you're afraid of owning a gun but thats a personal problem that you gotta work out with yourself

What is an emotional strawman about what I said?

You are advocating for more guns in the hands of people to defend themselves.

Is not my grandmother a person who needs to be defended? What about my baby sister?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
What is an emotional strawman about what I said?

You are advocating for more guns in the hands of people to defend themselves.

Is not my grandmother a person who needs to be defended? What about my baby sister?
Whats emotional is constantly insulting me as if thats gonna somehow make any of my points any less valid

Why arent you defending your grandmother and baby sister? That comment was the strawman btw