BREAKING: FBI Arrests Two Men For The Murder of Jam Master Jay: Update: Both Found Guilty

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Jay didn't really get any royalties because he just dj'ed. Not saying he sold drugs but I know he wasn't making money like he should of. This shyt is crazy I remember being run for Halloween in high school and someone telling me about JMJ that day.
Any links to that? Don't matter if you DJ... You sign as a group, you get royalties..

Maybe you meant publishing. Since he wasn't a writer or producer. But if he got his name in the writing credits, he should have those too.

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
Any links to that? Don't matter if you DJ... You sign as a group, you get royalties..

Maybe you meant publishing. Since he wasn't a writer or producer. But if he got his name in the writing credits, he should have those too.
He got nothing. He got money when they did tours (which wasn't a lot). He got no money off Run DMC merchandise or any of that. Sadly no one tried to get him his money or a share. :(

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Best believe the case was solved before the documentary was released

These 2 posts are the only ones that matter as far as history. Anyone who knows Run Dmc knows that Jay was the street cat and while he may not have history as a kingpin he was always connected.

His whole style and swagger is what the group was built on. He was done foul especially by Run and Russell. They wouldn't even put his face on a couple albums.

And when the group was dead in the water he was the one that kept reviving them. Talk about never getting your flowers...
I think Snoop said JMJ showed him how to smoke weed in hotels without getting caught.