BREAKING: FBI Arrests Two Men For The Murder of Jam Master Jay: Update: Both Found Guilty

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
So they arrested the 2 they've been suspecting this whole time?

Wonder what new evidence was presented.
you don't get how thorough murder indictments have to be if you weren't caught on scene and they actually have to do an intense investigation to figure it out.
murder cases cost a lot of money to prosecute and all the t's have to be crossed and i's have to be dotted

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the indictments are to be believed it's because the person they killed was being greedy with his drug deals despite being a celebrity musician and public personality

:manny:
you have more info than the article? Because it says he was cutting washington off which doesnt necisarrily mean greed. For all we know they may have already fukked up some work or maybe they was drawing too much attention.

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
person i was replying to came at me like a cac. i don't think you are.

i got a nuanced view on snitching, however, the real reason here, snitch or not, has to do with the documentary that was released. so now is not the time for this conversation.

they were gonna let this case die, snitch or no snitch.

it was just another dead rapper to them.
Best believe the case was solved before the documentary was released
what there to be upset about. Profile Records fukked his money up. music industry completely robbed him even though he was an integral part of the group

Hard Truth.

Russell even tried to take Onyx from JMJ and wanted them directly on Def Jam.

Dude was completely done dirty by the industry.

These 2 posts are the only ones that matter as far as history. Anyone who knows Run Dmc knows that Jay was the street cat and while he may not have history as a kingpin he was always connected.

His whole style and swagger is what the group was built on. He was done foul especially by Run and Russell. They wouldn't even put his face on a couple albums.

And when the group was dead in the water he was the one that kept reviving them. Talk about never getting your flowers...

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
you have more info than the article? Because it says he was cutting washington off which doesnt necisarrily mean greed. For all we know they may have already fukked up some work or maybe they was drawing too much attention.

I don't have more info, but unfortunately if you want to make big interstate drug deals this is the risk you take.

I specifically said that no one deserves to get shot to death, and I believe it, but it's hard to call it martyrdom if he was doing shady dealings with his criminal partners.

Especially if, presumably, he could've just stepped back from the coke game at that point and still been rich and secure.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I read this article in a Playboy Magazine some time back.

Golden Oldies

I believe this was what I read too, sometime in 2004. I thought it was Maxim or something lol that my boy had a Playboy just laying around his room

Ronald “Tinard” Washington is a slim, tall and deceptively quiet career criminal who has been in and out of various correctional facilities for half his life. He was also a longtime buddy of Jay’s-and a member of Jay and Randy’s burglary crew. Speaking from behind bars following an arrest for allegedly trying to rob a Long Island motel, Tinard says that on July 31, 2002 he and Jay journeyed to Washington, D.C. in Jay’s black SUV to meet with Uncle, a major-league drug supplier from the Midwest.

Tinard, who was sought by police after the murder, says Jay had a sit-down with the supplier at a local hotel. “Jay didn’t put up any money,” he alleges. “The guy from the Midwest, Uncle, fronted the coke to Jay. It was 10 keys, worth about $180,000, which could be sold on the street for about $280,000.” Tinard says that Uncle expected Jay to pay him back in seven days. Another street source confirms the existence of Uncle but says he’s from Los Angeles, not the Midwest.

it was all right there years and years ago, down to the kilo amount, from the actual killer

The same night in D.C., Tinard alleges, he saw Big D, Run-DMC’s former tour manager. (Big D says he has heard of Uncle but vehemently denies being in Washington.) “A lot of people came in and out of the hotel room that night to see Uncle,” says Tinard.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
It's cool to see people hold so much integrity here - that it turns them off he moved weight.

If he did it trying not to hurt anyone, I don't see the big deal.

But countless rap fans love drug dealer talk, the glorification of it all.

I look at abusive relationships that destroy nuclear families as way worse.

But I get it. Drugs are bad.

Better to make money off art then drugs.

I'm just happy the case is moving forward now.

I don't feel any different about JMJ.