BREAKING: FBI Arrests Two Men For The Murder of Jam Master Jay: Update: Both Found Guilty

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Just rewatching the documentary now.

These brehs were both named, but JMJ's fam alluded that it was Big D, not Little D. But it was Washington who said he saw Big D and Little D leaving the studio

Big D is Lil D's pops, he must have know what was happening and I believe that the drug deal story about "Unc" in the mid-west was true. Apparently Big D and JMJ owed a drug dealer $180k over a bad drug deal, and Big D was looking at payback (don't know what killing him would achieve). But it seems as if maybe Big D got his son to do the hit with Washington

Edit*: Detective Derrick Parker who is a retired NYPD officer pretty much solved the case lol. He said it was Lil D. Lidya the receptionist said Washington held the gun to her head.

This was solved already years ago. NYPD botched this up, no wonder FBI took over the case.

Someone thankfully talked.

RIP Jason
still gotta go to trial

Deadman187

All Star
Daps
Any links to that? Don't matter if you DJ... You sign as a group, you get royalties..

Maybe you meant publishing. Since he wasn't a writer or producer. But if he got his name in the writing credits, he should have those too.

JMJ wasnt signed to the label as part of the group at first, which is why he's not on the front cover on the first 3 albums. He started appearing from Tougher than Leather onwards. Unfortunately thats when RUN DMC started falling off, so he didnt make a lot of money from the group unless it was tour money

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Watch documentary called Who Killed DJ JMJ on Netflix. That was his first time and everybody warned him that he ain't meant to be doing drug deals in the street that went over his head. They were :whoa: "JMJ don't do it cause you ain't street smart". JMJ was so desperate that he needs money after he broke

Yeah you cut someone out of heavy drug transaction, you should expect some smoke...:francis:

I dont know the history of run dmc relationship, but rev run couldn't get homeboy a job at def jam :patrice:

I'm sure russ could have found something

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
"Run and DMC paid him a straight fee to DJ, rather than a cut of the royalties, and that’s why he had to resort to trying to be a drug kingpin later in life and ended up getting killed."

JMJ had his own record label and Onyx, one of the biggest acts of the early 90s.

He fumbled his legacy trying to stay in the hood.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
If these dudes are father and son why is one named Ronald Washington and the other named Karl Jordan Jr.?

and The NY Times article says they broke into the studio the night jam master jay was killed

doesn’t mention them being buzzed in

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
If these dudes are father and son why is one named Ronald Washington and the other named Karl Jordan Jr.?

and The NY Times article says they broke into the studio the night jam master jay was killed

I haven’t kept up with the story in forever but I think I recall them saying that’s how everybody knew it was someone JMJ knew well because they were buzzed in and didn’t force their way in.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I haven’t kept up with the story in forever but I think I recall them saying that’s how everybody knew it was someone JMJ knew well because they were buzzed in and didn’t force their way in.
That would only make sense if jmj was in the studio alone and the killers somehow knew this

if there was other people in the studio no way would they show their faces and leave witnesses

maybe they was tryna make it look like a burglary gone wrong

cuz if Ronald Washington knew where jmj lived he could have just got jmj hit while he was walking into his crib

idk

crazy how you can get away with murder for 18 years then have to pay for it

Younger dude probably gonna cop out and do relatively little time

oh and another thing

I meant to post this in that Akon snitching thread

I’ve met a few dea agents (don’t ask me how and no I’m not a snitch) and one of them told me they arrest guys with kilos regularly and dudes be back out on the street the next day because they give up info on bigger guys up the ladder

I’m mentioning that here because of the Curtis sc00n tweets saying Washington been cooperating for years and the fact that Jordan jr been trafficking for decades with no criminal record apparently

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
That would only make sense if jmj was in the studio alone and the killers somehow knew this

if there was other people in the studio no way would they show their faces and leave witnesses

maybe they was tryna make it look like a burglary gone wrong

cuz if Ronald Washington knew where jmj lived he could have just got jmj hit while he was walking into his crib

idk

crazy how you can get away with murder for 18 years then have to pay for it

Younger dude probably gonna cop out and do relatively little time

oh and another thing

I meant to post this in that Akon snitching thread

I’ve met a few dea agents (don’t ask me how and no I’m not a snitch) and one of them told me they arrest guys with kilos regularly and dudes be back out on the street the next day because they give up info on bigger guys up the ladder

I’m mentioning that here because of the Curtis sc00n tweets saying Washington been cooperating for years and the fact that Jordan jr been trafficking for decades with no criminal record apparently

Just for reference, within 1-2 years of this happening, people were posting about it saying they knew exactly what happened etc. back in 2003.

comatose1

Pro
Daps

The two ppl charged aren’t father and son. Big D, the father, is not charged but he was always a suspect too.

You can hear the father Big D @ 1:25 saying everybody that was in the studio that day should have been arrested. This is from a 2009 documentary called 2 Turntables and a Microphone.

When I watched that documentary i was getting bad vibes from him during his interview. He was wearing sunglasses and acting over the top. Seemed to me like he was putting on a show for the camera and it looks like I was right.

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
JMJ had his own record label and Onyx, one of the biggest acts of the early 90s.

He fumbled his legacy trying to stay in the hood.
True but I mean they were a group, how about including him on one or two songs.

Couldn't hurt.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
True but I mean they were a group, how about including him on one or two songs.

Couldn't hurt.

I mean he was the DJ.

One of their first records was named Jam Master Jay, but outside of that, what could they have done for real.

Jay should've been growing his label, discovering/managing artists, and producing records, not buying bricks.

He made his bed breh.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that's foul right there.

Standing in front of a mural of the man that you killed.

Sick shyt.

Another angle to think about...

Not defending Karl, but based on what has been said he was a young man who was way over his head when he was allegedly involved in this shooting. In my opinion someone else was pulling his puppet strings, and based on some of the captions of his Instagram posts, he doesn’t appear to think it’s real.... or understand the magnitude of his involvement.

However doing all this is probably his way of atoning for what part he played... or asking for forgiveness. He appears to have had a good relationship with Jam Master Jay, so there is no way that his soul is at rest after what he allegedly did, so maybe doing this eases the guilt, and helps him sleep at night.

Last edited:

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The two ppl charged aren’t father and son. Big D, the father, is not charged but he was always a suspect too.

You can hear the father Big D @ 1:25 saying everybody that was in the studio that day should have been arrested. This is from a 2009 documentary called 2 Turntables and a Microphone.

When I watched that documentary i was getting bad vibes from him during his interview. He was wearing sunglasses and acting over the top. Seemed to me like he was putting on a show for the camera and it looks like I was right.

@1.17 is Garnett Reed admitting that Lydia told him who shot Jam Master Jay?