BREAKING: DOJ sues Facebook for illegally reserving high paying jobs for immigrants

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. I keep it all the way real with how difficult it was for me to get into the industry, and how difficult it continues to be too make moves into these larger companies. I've said many times it took me 6 months straight with 10+ applications per day. I think I only got 6 or 7 interviews out of all that and barely landed the job in the end. Now since I'm on the other side of the table, interviewing college grads, I intentionally don't critique harshly so that those kids can be extended a similar opportunity as I was :yeshrug:.
:ehh:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
shyt just sounds slimey:laff:

there’s whole departments at corporations devoted to this finesse bullshyt. Like imagine getting a job to “improve” diversity at a company but you don’t actually get shyt done + the fact that your dept exists basically pacifies the employees because it looks like you’re doing something.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:They advertise the field as competitive with good wages. This drives more people to apply along with the current state of economy. A lot of people of particular apply so they justify raise the standards. If not many people meet the standards, then it justifies hiring foreign labor / outsourcing work so who's the cheapest of labor? Asian/Latino people. Which of those groups is educated, Indian people with some Filipino labor here and there. With that said, FB doesn't have anything to lose out being sued. They can take whatever they get and continue in the same manner.

Whoever was complaining about getting work, your feelings are justified. Big tech has created this standard and it's mimmicked across a lot of companies.

It's one big scam

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
About time

as someone in the tech industry, it's frustrating seeing how these companies always want to give jobs to super anti black immigrants straight from villages.
I never dislike them until I came in this field and you see them for who they really are. I hated trump administration, but one thing I respected about them is how they were
unapologetically pro Americans citizens first.

I am glad the H1B visa program was tossed out or extremely limited :camby: