BREAKING: DOJ sues Facebook for illegally reserving high paying jobs for immigrants

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:yeshrug:They advertise the field as competitive with good wages. This drives more people to apply along with the current state of economy. A lot of people of particular apply so they justify raise the standards. If not many people meet the standards, then it justifies hiring foreign labor / outsourcing work so who's the cheapest of labor? Asian/Latino people. Which of those groups is educated, Indian people with some Filipino labor here and there. With that said, FB doesn't have anything to lose out being sued. They can take whatever they get and continue in the same manner.

Whoever was complaining about getting work, your feelings are justified. Big tech has created this standard and it's mimmicked across a lot of companies.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I just posted about this in the 6 certs 6 figures thread. Companies

Half the dudes on the list are probably immigrants.
:mjlol:
Breh I was looking at a position my company had posted for an entry level security analyst position. I barely qualify for the position based on the requirements and I'm a senior analyst. These companies are just looking for cheap labor that they can exploit:hhh:

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Not shocked at all. The company I worked for outsourced over 1/2 of I.T. to a company in Indian. Help desk, server, security, network, etc were all outsourced. All these people lost their job during a pandemic because the new company are more "technological advance and have better infrastructure" than we do. Which mean we are going to save a large amount of money by outsourcing and the new boss need to make a splash.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I said all this in my 2 threads and a gang of these coli nerds and "cert brehs" were calling me a liar and lazy smh

I want an apology from all you nikkas :ufdup:

@GreenGhxst @Macallik86 @Mr Mulsanne @YBG @hostsamurai @patscorpio @Data-Hawk @Gold @Splash @Steel @Originalman @aXiom @egsteel @Nigerianwonder @Obreh Winfrey @Lumumba @the bossman @FreshFromATL @Sonny Bonds @ClassicTech
A lot of those guys like @Obreh Winfrey already "got theirs" so they don't see how hard it is to get your foot in the door nowadays. No offense to you @Obreh Winfrey I think you're a solid poster. Sometimes I just think that you live in your own privilaged bubble:yeshrug:.
There's no reason why I had to apply to hundreds of internships only to get rejected by 98 of them. Thankfully I'm good now though:ehh:.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Hell just graduating with a BS in Computer Science is too hard for alot of people around the world. Dropout rates are sky high globally and rise every year. The maths and science courses weed out most of the people.

Why Are Computer Science Degree Dropout Rates So High?

As a guy who's working in Computer Science now, almost all of the free education material is taught by Indians who you can barely understand. Goto any simplilearn, or edureka or codecamp video and 9 times out 10 its an Indian teaching it.
Yup. They have a monopoly in tech jobs.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh I was looking at a position my company had posted for an entry level security analyst position. I barely qualify for the position based on the requirements and I'm a senior analyst. These companies are just looking for cheap labor that they can exploit:hhh:
These global companies are only looking to hire a few American workers in key positions. For the most part they treat the American workers way worse than employees overseas. It's almost like working for two different companies. Because you'll be forced to work twice as hard as your overseas counterparts. Who aren't expected to do the job of 3 people.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

this has ALWAYS been the case with american companies!!!!!! :wow: now they want to penalize companies for doing this grimy shyt when they let them do it with impunity for years...

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They do seem to work for pennies and live 8 in a small apartment.
Economic Fascism. Doing the most work, for next to no pay.
thats the gist, they should fight for more pay for the work and the positions

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do I feel like they can do what they please when hiring?

I guess I have no illusion of fairness in hiring. Being Black in America and all

Not necessarily. We would need more information to determine if they received tax breaks or other government subsidies in exchange for hiring American workers.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Too much to copy from my phone. But the article should be viewable in its entirety.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/12/03/facebook-doj-immigration-lawsuit/

In its complaint, the Justice Department said Facebook has eschewed its traditional hiring process in cases where it wanted to hire an employee on an H-1B visa for a permanent position. When a temporary visa holder sought such a job, Facebook “diverged from its normal recruiting protocols," according to the government, opting in some cases against “advertising the position on its external website.”

If a U.S. worker applied for one of these jobs — and Facebook determined they were qualified — the company appeared to hire them in a different capacity, the lawsuit found. Federal law generally only allows a company to sponsor a temporary worker for a permanent position in cases where there is no qualified U.S. applicant.

“Facebook knowingly and intentionally deterred U.S. workers from applying to and failed to meaningfully recruit U.S. workers for its PERM-related positions, when it subjected such applicants to more burdensome recruitment procedures because it preferred to employ temporary visa holders in those positions, because of their citizenship or immigration status,” the government said.

That makes sense and that is also affirmative action for White people.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Every American Company should be hit with that shyt

And should not be allowed to have factories outside the US that aren't for distribution purposes only:unimpressed:

The coli hypocrites stay making fun of any posters that make 6 figures and educated, yet will swear to gawd they hard core capitalism supporters :skip:.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
A lot of those guys like @Obreh Winfrey already "got theirs" so they don't see how hard it is to get your foot in the door nowadays. No offense to you @Obreh Winfrey I think you're a solid poster. Sometimes I just think that you live in your own privilaged bubble:yeshrug:.
There's no reason why I had to apply to hundreds of internships only to get rejected by 98 of them. Thankfully I'm good now though:ehh:.
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. I keep it all the way real with how difficult it was for me to get into the industry, and how difficult it continues to be too make moves into these larger companies. I've said many times it took me 6 months straight with 10+ applications per day. I think I only got 6 or 7 interviews out of all that and barely landed the job in the end. Now since I'm on the other side of the table, interviewing college grads, I intentionally don't critique harshly so that those kids can be extended a similar opportunity as I was :yeshrug:.