BREAKING: DOJ sues Facebook for illegally reserving high paying jobs for immigrants

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silicon Valley in a nutshell. SMH!

Silicon Valley eager for Biden to reverse Trump visa rules

Tech advocates in Washington are eager to work with the incoming Biden administration and reverse many of President Trump's immigration policies, especially those that created barriers for high skilled visa holders.

Some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley have clashed with the Trump administration in court, suing over his executive orders restricting immigration for foreign workers. They’re now making clear to the next administration that nixing Trump's actions are the industry’s top priority for 2021.

:mjgrin:

We're all citizens of earth!

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Why do I feel like they can do what they please when hiring?

I guess I have no illusion of fairness in hiring. Being Black in America and all

They give all the nikkas the lowest paid position with no upwards mobility then call themselves diverse:mjlol:

I be telling cacs this because they think we get special treatment and shyt, hell nah we don't get no special treatment.

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This is super common in the bay, these tech companies got the visa applicants by the balls. They underpay them, they also hold those visa as leverage since they can't leave to get another job since they are being sponsored by the company. If I was a CEO I would do the same shyt.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone whos behind the paywall copy the full article
Too much to copy from my phone. But the article should be viewable in its entirety.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/12/03/facebook-doj-immigration-lawsuit/

In its complaint, the Justice Department said Facebook has eschewed its traditional hiring process in cases where it wanted to hire an employee on an H-1B visa for a permanent position. When a temporary visa holder sought such a job, Facebook “diverged from its normal recruiting protocols," according to the government, opting in some cases against “advertising the position on its external website.”

If a U.S. worker applied for one of these jobs — and Facebook determined they were qualified — the company appeared to hire them in a different capacity, the lawsuit found. Federal law generally only allows a company to sponsor a temporary worker for a permanent position in cases where there is no qualified U.S. applicant.

“Facebook knowingly and intentionally deterred U.S. workers from applying to and failed to meaningfully recruit U.S. workers for its PERM-related positions, when it subjected such applicants to more burdensome recruitment procedures because it preferred to employ temporary visa holders in those positions, because of their citizenship or immigration status,” the government said.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Facebook isn’t the only one. That’s why you see those ridiculous job postings that have nearly impossible requirements for an entry level position:stopitslime:

I said all this in my 2 threads and a gang of these coli nerds and "cert brehs" were calling me a liar and lazy smh

I want an apology from all you nikkas :ufdup:

@GreenGhxst @Macallik86 @Mr Mulsanne @YBG @hostsamurai @patscorpio @Data-Hawk @Gold @Splash @Steel @Originalman @aXiom @egsteel @Nigerianwonder @Obreh Winfrey @Lumumba @the bossman @FreshFromATL @Sonny Bonds @ClassicTech

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe the immigrants were just better?
:ld:

Hell just graduating with a BS in Computer Science is too hard for alot of people around the world. Dropout rates are sky high globally and rise every year. The maths and science courses weed out most of the people.

Why Are Computer Science Degree Dropout Rates So High?

As a guy who's working in Computer Science now, almost all of the free education material is taught by Indians who you can barely understand. Goto any simplilearn, or edureka or codecamp video and 9 times out 10 its an Indian teaching it.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facebook isn’t the only one. That’s why you see those ridiculous job postings that have nearly impossible requirements for an entry level position:stopitslime:
I just posted about this in the 6 certs 6 figures thread. Companies
I said all this in my 2 threads and a gang of these coli nerds and "cert brehs" were calling me a liar and lazy smh

I want an apology from all you nikkas :ufdup:

@GreenGhxst @Macallik86 @Mr Mulsanne @YBG @hostsamurai @patscorpio @Data-Hawk @Gold @Splash @Steel @Originalman @aXiom @egsteel @Nigerianwonder @Obreh Winfrey @Lumumba @the bossman @FreshFromATL @Sonny Bonds @ClassicTech
Half the dudes on the list are probably immigrants.
:mjlol: