BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
That’s not an amount that requires you to deal with a personal banker.
Most places don't usually have over 10k in the desk. You have to go into the vault/head tellers area vault to get that amount. Especially if its not in 100s. That's where you count it and another teller would confirm. And you'd use a machine before it touched the client's hands. They wouldn't count it in front of the client unless it was requested.

I've had 20k business transactions on a regular basis. When big money comes in, the receiver shutdowns down and takes their time, out of sight from the general public.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was on his side until I saw the note. Dude didn't put his name or checking account # on the note and handwrote it

acecb824221f4826a7d207e71d5a8e3e_md.png

I mean..it says clear as day in the upper right hand corner...DO NOT WRITE IN THIS AREA....

Going off the info that we have, he went about this all wrong

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
yeah, Ryan should have just asked for the branch manager.
Ding ding ding. Millionaires don't deal with over the counters cashiers like that. Those cashiers need clearance from supervisors to even make large non-cash transactions much less take cash out.

Anything over $2.5k and most banks require a teller supervisor to approve.

Anything over $10k requires a federal report to be filed (while the client is still there, they have to answer questions about the transaction). That's why most wealthy people, when they visit Banks typically deal with the branch manager in the office who entertains them and chit chat with them while the tellers process the transaction behind the line as it takes a while.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
it wasn't a note it was a withdrawal slip. TMZ's cliff notes are off. read the full tmz article

Coogler walked in rocking shades and a COVID face mask -- not uncommon, of course -- but he handed the teller a withdrawal slip that had a note written on the back.

Understandable, considering the amount of money he was getting ... but this led to the teller thinking something suspicious was going down, and cops were called for an attempted robbery.

According to the report, when the teller went to make the transaction on her computer, it triggered some sort of an alert. So, she told her boss Coogler was attempting to rob the bank, and they called 911.
:leostare:

After an investigation, the police say this was all just a huge mistake ... and the fault lies with the BoA employee, who's described in the report as a pregnant Black woman.

Last edited:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I was on his side until I saw the note. Dude didn't put his name or checking account # on the note and handwrote it

acecb824221f4826a7d207e71d5a8e3e_md.png
He said MY account, not this is a robbery give me the money. Her next steps should have been to ask for his ID. He could have been hearing impaired and this is how he communicates. She was in the wrong:ufdup: