BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
This is real talk, especially the part about not knowing how it feels to work in a bank. People are always trying to come in and run game knowing that it’ll get YOU fired. Very few folks are in positions where multiple times a day a simple 5-10 min interaction if done wrong will get you straight up fired.

Same ones in here hollering c00n and wench and this and that would have done something similar and yelled out about how they weren’t gonna lose their job over no Ryan Coogler passing notes like a 4th grader

Ol girl went out bad though…whew that was a bad look. I can’t defend her, but having worked at a bank before and been passed notes, I remember thinking to myself “what the hell is this dummy thinking?”

Man, our best and most beloved teller got fired over $400. No warning, no well you’re on probation or you gotta pay it back. You’re fired. It wasn’t believed she stole it. She was $400 short one day. She thinks she set the money aside to sell back to the vault as she was approaching her draw max, but ended up giving it to a customer as she was cashing a check. She called everyone that she did a transaction for that day and of course no one said, “Yeah, you actually did give me $400.” They let her ass go. She was blubbering and all. Being a teller is a hard job, but people think it’s sweet cause they’re smiling.

Deman

All Star
Daps
People love to take complex social situations and par it down to a single causation, but you’re 100% right. Both sides are at fault to various extent. I worked in a bank for 3 years as a loan officer. People don’t realize how on edge bank employees are because of the obvious occupational hazard. It just seems chill as hell because you don’t work there. You’re not in those regular meetings about safety measures and security before the bank even opens. You’re not privy to those Teams/Skype conversations that are going on as you and others conducts their transactions, but if you’re acting weird, erratic, belligerent, if you’re carrying a book bag or carry something — all that shyt is being discussed. You really think it takes all that typing to take out a couple hundred dollars :usure:? Additionally, if you fukk up and you give the wrong person money or too much money, etc. That’s your ass. You’re fired and no one is starting a Go-Fund-Me for you.

Now, Coogler is not Michael Jordan famous or something, so his behavior, his get up, the note, referencing the note when asked questions, etc., could easily be read as some erratic behavior — even if he’d done the same thing elsewhere before.

With that being said, the teller also panicked. On the whole, Coogler wasn’t trying to do anything but he seems innocently ignorant of certain bank processes and bank culture in general, but not a threat. Maybe she was on thin ice, inexperienced, or whatever; but she was definitely petrified. She should have looked at his ID and moved on from there. Sometimes, people are forced to withdraw money via bank robbing schemes or threats — but you can’t worry about that. You just have to follow your protocols.

As far as Coogler being lied to… man, that’s how the game goes. No one is going to tell you they just called the police. I’ll give y’all an example of a time we had to call the police on a dude at our bank. He’s sitting in a the lobby, young breh, probably in his mid to late 20’s. He has a yellow Dollar General bag with him, but you can’t really tell what’s in it. I bring him to my office and ask how can I help him that day? He says he wants to withdraw $40,000.00. I say cool. Do you have your ID? He provides it and I look up the name and there’s no account. I ask for his social, and there’s no account. I tell him I’m not finding an account and he opens the bag and it’s old bank statements from 7/8 years prior, and the balance in his account would be $2-3 at a given time. He says that the CEO told him to come get his money that day. Instantaneously, just growing up as a dude from around the way, I knew this was a mentally ill person and he was a potential threat. To make a long story short, he proceeds to tell me how the last people that played with his money are RIP, and how he killed one of our tellers at another location, and he’s the police and he’ll shut this shyt down. He said a lot of stuff — but he was talking BIG crazy about killing people in the bank. All the while, my manager has called the police. I’m talking to him like I’m on his side. “If you gotta shut this shyt down you gotta shut it down. I want you to have your 40k. I’m for what’s right. It’s wrong for anyone to keep your money away from you :wow:.”

I’m building a rapport with him, but also keeping him away from anyone else because I don’t know what will set him off even further nor what he has on him, but I’m intentionally close enough to him that if he moved too suddenly I’m yolking him the fukk up on my momma :wow:. This goes on for about 30 minutes. He leaves on a bike, and the police just miss him. Should we have told him we called the police? fukk no.

Anyways, I’m sure old girl got fired and Coogler will have processes in place to avoid such shyt going forward.
nikka wrote a whole essay bout shyt that dont got nothin to do with this

no wonder u was a bank teller u got alotta female energy my nikka

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
I TOLD Y'ALL nikkaS THE TELLER WAS ON SOME DUMB shyt LOL!!!!!

She also left out KEY information on the note. The note said "withdraw money from MY CHECKING ACCOUNT"

She left out the checking account part when telling the 911 operator what happened.

Half of y'all were saying it's not the teller's fault :russ::russ::russ:

they need to end their worthless life.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Verify that that the ID that she requested and was given matches the account info that would be on her computer because he inserted his debit card and entered his PIN:patrice:

But he's..............black......and that's a lot of money.....I don't think she would've even batted an eye for Chad. But it is what it is.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
fukks banks, he should take all his money out and go to a credit union or bank with a "high class" bank like charles Scwab or chase, the banks that are used to dealing with these type of clientele.

That chick was an idiot and should be fired immediately for not doing her job the way she was trained and having it go viral, Ole boy should sue them for hiring that idiot and having him made to look stupid.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
i get how the situation went down , im guessing shes never been in that situation where someone has wrote on a note delivering orders:patrice:( that along with the face mask and hat ) made her think shyt was going down

she took a "gamble" and called the police

but at the same time

she failed bigtime by not checking the ID and other protocols

so she should and will get fired :manny:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Right? The fukk you got on a mask and sunglasses on, and a barely-legible handwritten note for? :dahell:

He is a rich & famous black person in a major city

He likely is concerned for his safety and people following him

There's cats (irl & online) saying they would body somebody over $1000 - $2000 so it makes sense .. As a black man he is a target just being black

the bank lobby doesn't appear to be that busy so I'm not sure he needed that level of anonymity he probably could've told her a couple verbal instructions in a low speaking voice

I can see why the girl might've been suspicious and I blame the managers more than anything cause they suppose to keep the ship moving right when your employees go off the rails..

He should sue.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is real talk, especially the part about not knowing how it feels to work in a bank. People are always trying to come in and run game knowing that it’ll get YOU fired. Very few folks are in positions where multiple times a day a simple 5-10 min interaction if done wrong will get you straight up fired.

Same ones in here hollering c00n and wench and this and that would have done something similar and yelled out about how they weren’t gonna lose their job over no Ryan Coogler passing notes like a 4th grader

Ol girl went out bad though…whew that was a bad look. I can’t defend her, but having worked at a bank before and been passed notes, I remember thinking to myself “what the hell is this dummy thinking?”
Grown man shyt. Which is why I said earlier they both was at fault to an extent but she dumbed out tho. She def could’ve gotten homie killed cause of her dumb ass decision making.