BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its because he was black. Point blank PERIOD. He didn’t do a THING wrong and anybody trying to say he did is either white or…WHITE.

Look at the footage. He literally has identification ON him. He told the officer several times who he was and what he was trying to do.

And ya’ll are fukking pathetic. Posters in here saying he was doing it for clout when the shyt happened TWO MONTHS AGO and he never said a thing about the incident until TMZ leaked it.

THEN its posters in here saying he’s taking the money out for nefarious purposes. When the man has NEVER EVER been linked to anything criminal or shady.

Just can’t WAIT to make it a black man’s fault. Ya’ll sicken me

100 percent

Way too many crackers and non blacks on this site and its sickening

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
nah that's still dumb :manny: no matter how you cut it, 10k+ at the counter telling someone to count discretely in a note is asking for problems inside the bank - and out

if you're that worried about your safety transporting that much cash on your person, make better arrangements.
if you want a better relationship at your bank to make these kinds of transactions at your leisure, you have that option as well. *and none of them look like this*

this ain't some regular dude, he's a millionaire and should know better than to just walk into or help create a dumb situation. you don't get that far on dumb luck. video only shows when the cops pull up too, not prior and him explaining how he doesn't know how x turned into y just makes it look even more ridiculous.

and im not gonna act like consciously avoiding bad scenarios while black is some strange state of mind either. even if he pulls that money with no immediate issue, that amount is gonna get you highlighted.

my money is still on this being viral marketing though because that's not usually how cops roll people up in that kind of situation either :mjlol:

It's not, even the police dispatcher who spoke to the bank teller said there's nothing wrong with a person wanting to be discreet with a withdrawal.

It's only you c00ns who are splaining. Everybody else is saying the woman was wrong and not justifying her actions :mjlol:

Why would somebody rob their own bank account? When the woman called the police she intentionally left out that Cooger wrote he would like to make a withdrawal from his own bank account and instead she just said "he gave me a note, it just says I want to withdraw $12,000 be discreet". But keep splaining :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's not, even the police dispatcher who spoke to the bank teller said there's nothing wrong with a person wanting to be discreet with a withdrawal.

It's only you c00ns who are splaining. Everybody else is saying the woman was wrong and not justifying her actions :mjlol:

Why would somebody rob their own bank account? When the woman called the police she intentionally left out that Cooger wrote he would like to make a withdrawal from his own bank account and instead she just said "he gave me a note, it just says I want to withdraw $12,000 be discreet". But keep splaining :mjlol:
the whole point of banks laying out options and more privileges for larger account holders is so they can make sure their clients are not in this position - where they're dealing with employees who's job is to filter and manage everyone who comes in, not make additional considerations. he's had that talk. they make damn sure you get it. kids getting inheritance, settlement recipients, estate managers, shyt even musicians on their first tour get a point of contact that makes it clear they're your go-to.

shyt sounds more like a script from Pranked with every new piece of information added :dead: "he sounds weird" is not in any handbook anywhere. on site security nowhere in sight - but two cruisers on stand by ready to pull up during the time the conversation is taking place? aite lol. if there wasn't a war going on, disney would be eating great off this leading into the media tour kicking off for BP2 after everything that's happened in its production.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Even the damn dispatcher is saying he might just want want to be discreet:yeshrug:

after she confirmed that the teller didn’t even verify his identification

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
30FRUITVALE2-articleLarge.jpg

This situation should never have happened,” Coogler told Variety in a statement. “However, Bank of America worked with me and addressed it to my satisfaction and we have moved on.

Last edited: