BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If ANY of ya’ll are actually black you are disgraces
nah that's still dumb :manny: no matter how you cut it, 10k+ at the counter telling someone to count discretely in a note is asking for problems inside the bank - and out

if you're that worried about your safety transporting that much cash on your person, make better arrangements.
if you want a better relationship at your bank to make these kinds of transactions at your leisure, you have that option as well. *and none of them look like this*

this ain't some regular dude, he's a millionaire and should know better than to just walk into or help create a dumb situation. you don't get that far on dumb luck. video only shows when the cops pull up too, not prior and him explaining how he doesn't know how x turned into y just makes it look even more ridiculous.

and im not gonna act like consciously avoiding bad scenarios while black is some strange state of mind either. even if he pulls that money with no immediate issue, that amount is gonna get you highlighted.

my money is still on this being viral marketing though because that's not usually how cops roll people up in that kind of situation either :mjlol:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its seems that the convo has a divide of ppl who are arguing on principle. And those arguing on the practicality of the situation. (Not including the cop shyt because they always on some fukk shyt)

yes in principle, he shouldnt have been treated to the police. More oversight/better customer my service from the managerial staff.

but keeping it reall. You a black man with a mask and shades. Requesting over 10k on a piece of paper. And when the teller ask you anything, you direct her to follow instructions on the paper. Cmon bruh. Be aware.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
bank said he wasnt in the wrong, eat a dikk c00ns
How would be in the wrong if he wasn't actually trying to rob the place? thats not the point. It was stupid wrong or right. I bet the lady won't get fired or sued for this.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
How would be in the wrong if he wasn't actually trying to rob the place? thats not the point. It was stupid wrong or right.
he had no problem before and showed credentials. had ID plus work badge

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Thread is an example of why you should stfu until you know what happened

now you’ve c00ned and sullied your coli rep for nothing
Never said the bank was right

I still think passing a note off is stupid.

some of you brehs think militancy is theatre.

you can't be naive about your perception. admitting his actions were stupid doesn't mean you support the over reaction.

thecoli way of looking at things is always extreme absolutes.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
The bank teller didn't bother to verify his ID.

mac-dre.gif

Mac Dre Making You Feel Some Kind of Way

"Abe Beame wants to know where’s Wallace, String?

There are a number of commendable things 27 year old director Ryan Coogler has accomplished with his recently released Fruitvale Station.The fairly breezy character sketch of Oscar Grant on the last day of his life does a lot by simply delivering a realistic depiction of an imperfect but trying young black man in Oakland (and not being Tyler Perry). Coogler is probably headed towards nominations and critical backlash this winter, but for me, what he really nailed was the soundtrack. The movie is crammed with slap from the likes of Jacka and Mistah FAB, but the best scene was the impromptu party that breaks out on the BART line into San Francisco on New Years’ Eve.

ryan-coogler-guardian-project

Armed with only a cell phone and a conveniently supplied set of speakers, Oscar and company get thizz to Vallejo anthem “I’m feelin myself” by Bay deity Mac Dre. As Oscar’s friends smoke blunts and blacks and hit on lesbians we feel included in the communal outpouring of good will. It only makes the loss that occurs moments later more palpable as an idiot transit cop “mistakes” his gun for his taser. On your way out tonight, turn this shyt up and pour something out for Oscar Grant. "

bank said he wasnt in the wrong, eat a dikk c00ns

bay-area.gif