BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
At my credit union customer service always ask me if I want donuts a macchiato and if I would like to have my withdrawl counted privately

no need for notes at credit union they respect our privacy

fukk boa
This right here. He should sign up with a credit union for these type of transactions. It will go smooth no matter what you’re doing cause the branch manager and the people who work there will know who are. Even my broke self has gone in and gotten money out to pay mortgage. I did in the office with the manager. Didn’t seem too stressful or anything.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Please tell me that dude was doing some kind of social experiment..did he send a cac in with a similar note later

He gotta be filming a documentary on racism right :patrice:

because if he not...:russ::russ:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
People are in here fuming when there is a very good chance that he got the money anyway when he realized he should try a different approach, and he won’t be doing it that way anymore.
You feel like it’s wrong, but you just can’t get money out of the bank that way. On a side note, he really should move to a different bank. He’s making too much to still be doing BOA.

Daps
Had to do it twice since December actually
:unimpressed:

Had some Mexicans doing some work on my house. I paid them in cash. The bank I use with the funds doesn't let you withdraw more than 1000 from the ATM, so I had to work with the teller (I did this through the drive through as well). First payment was $2500. Filled out the withdrawal slip with my ID and debit card and they gave me the money. A lot of these banks aren't letting people take out thousands of dollars from their ATMs so you have to use the slips and teller.

So not only a withdrawal slip. Tf are you going back and forth with me about, then? :dahell:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
nikkas just saying dumb shyt. I posted several times in here that I do transactions as high as $150,000 in a bank, in a mask at a branch I’ve never even been to, with no issue. I’m 100% convinced they just never handled money of that size or this one with Coogler before to have an experience to speak on. Other than the poster who says he works in branch bank in here, their opinions seem to be rooted in jokes, not personal knowledge. And even then it’s anecdotal or not 1:1.
If you’re doing all of these major transactions, you’d know that you aren’t going to walk up to the bank teller and withdraw more than $10,000 and they are going to process it and give you your money. Unless you talking bout back in 1969.

I don’t want to get into it with anybody in this thread, but you’re either not in the US, severely exaggerating, or just straight up lying.

How to Take a Large Amount of Cash out of a Bank Account

The money in your bank account belongs to you, so it would seem that you can do whatever you like with it, including withdrawing large amounts of cash. You can in fact do so, but large withdrawals are subject to certain rules. The federal government requires banks to report both deposits and withdrawals of $10,000 or more. Your bank may also have some rules you must follow. While they can't stop you from accessing your own money, they may need time to gather enough cash on site. Large withdrawals require both identification and an explanation. If you provide both of these things and have ample time, your transaction will go smoothly.

Federal Rules
In 1970, the U.S. passed the Bank Secrecy Act into law to help prevent money laundering. After 9/11, the Patriot Act added additional requirements to the BSA in an effort to de-fund terrorism. Under these laws, your bank must report any cash withdrawals or deposits of $10,000 or more to the IRS. You aren't allowed to work around the law by making several smaller deposits or withdrawals. Known as structuring, the act of intentionally making small withdrawals to avoid IRS reporting is illegal.

For reporting purposes, your bank must count all of the withdrawals you make in a single day. This means that making a cash withdrawal of $5,000 in the morning and another $5,000 withdrawal in the afternoon will still result in a report to the IRS. Your bank must also report you if they suspect that you're making large withdrawals a few days apart in an effort to avoid the reporting mandate of the BSA.

Last edited:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Gotta get that CTR first then they usually take you to the safe deposit box viewing room to count it

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Yep. We should get a Personal Banking 101 thread going on here if there isn't already one

do banks still require you to fill out withdrawal slips? every time i've went to BofA, Chase, or CapOne i gave em my debit card and told them i need to make a withdrawal

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way some of these situations ain't done for clout at this point, them twitter/ ig blogs gonna be lit though people purposefully reading the headline alone :mjpls: