BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Do you go there with sunglasses, mask and write a note to the seller ?
I can do you one better. I went in there with sunglasses a mask and told her myself directly I’m here to withdraw thousands of dollars without saying from who before ever giving her any information. And somehow I managed to not have the cops called on me because the very next question out of her mouth was “Can I have your account information?” Like a reasonable person. Lol at folks talking about “training”

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I want to say at least a week. They'll say something like you will have access to X amount of the total, but you won't have access to everything until this date.

When you check your account statement online, you'll see the amount as pending.

I've noticed this a lot more now over the last few years with checks specifically.
Typical hold is 5 business days. Every customer has an internal behavior score within the bank, think of it like a credit score but specific to that institution. If you are very creditworthy, have regular deposits coming in (same amount, frequency and provider) they will give you access to more money off of ATM deposits right away. Ie. You deposit 5k, 3k is held for 5 business days, you get 2k right away

Going to a teller right away is supposed to allow for some negotiation, but junior tellers have limits on what they can authorize and will have to get a supervisor involved to go above that

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
12 thousand not even a lot to be doin all that...
Not for the bank to be doing all that, no. But it means something for the person who is withdrawing the money in the city like Atlanta that’s been very hot for robberies just like this in broad daylight for them to ask for a little bit of discretion to help avoid that outcome. It’s not a lot of money to him and it’s not a lot of money for the bank but it’s a lot of money for the nikka with a Sig waiting on him

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I can do you one better. I went in there with sunglasses a mask and told her myself directly I’m here to withdraw thousands of dollars without saying from who before ever giving her any information. And somehow I managed to not have the cops called on me because the very next question out of her mouth was “Can I have your account information?” Like a reasonable person. Lol at folks talking about “training”
Let's be fair a note and saying something verbally are two different things.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I sold a house in 2020, the bank put a hold on the deposit we wanted to put in from the profits
:dead:

People really don't know how little money these banks have in their reserves. Banks make money by lending and investing our money out. You literally can deposit a check and if it's for a large amount some banks will make you wait days before you can even access it.
This has to do with the clearing house

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
All he said was be discreet about, not, don't let anybody see you

I swear yall retarded, also he could've just been riding saw the bank and said let me get some money right the bank right here, or maybe something came out and he needed the cash to do something or to go the damn strip club, IT DOESN'T MATTER

The fact is he wasn't trying to rob the bank he was his account, he said withdraw, he didn't GIVE ME THE MONEY, you have to show ID to withdraw money so she didn't just get on the phone and call the police right in front of him

He had to wait for the police to get there, this is all takes time, she looked him and taught he was trying to withdraw money from somebody else's account period

If he was a real bank robber, she would've gave up that cash and he would've been gone before the police could get there

The note literally says “Count the money somewhere else” so he obviously didn’t want the rest of the customers in the bank to see it.

And I’m not saying he did anything wrong, I’m saying what he could have done better. People in here may not have Ryan Coogler money but several of us have made big transactions/withdrawals and no one is gonna disagree that the process is smoother when you call ahead. The teller was clearly being racist if she didn’t even ask for his ID and bank account details before calling the cops but this is a very avoidable situation.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Im not a criminal either but I know better. Almost everybody ( or at least I thought,until I came in this thread) knows better.
This nikka makes movies for a living he aint never seen a bank robbery movie before? :dahell:
He wrote on the back of a deposit slip that he wants to make a wothdrawal from his account.

Ehat should he know better about? Lol
Yall fall over yourself to justify this shyt and its strange.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The note literally says “Count the money somewhere else” so he obviously didn’t want the rest of the customers in the bank to see it.

And I’m not saying he did anything wrong, I’m saying what he could have done better. People in here may not have Ryan Coogler money but several of us have made big transactions/withdrawals and no one is gonna disagree that the process is smoother when you call ahead. The teller was clearly being racist if she didn’t even ask for his ID and bank account details before calling the cops but this is a very avoidable situation.

The note literally says withdraw it from my checking account, got give me the money, etc
Nobody robbing bank is going to say COUNT THE MONEY lmao, they don't have time for that are you serious

Nobody can see them count the money except for people up at the teller anyway, it makes no difference

also you don't even know how the big branch, some branches don't even have rooms, and bankers could be busy talking with other customers in their cubicles

plus he randomly came in there,

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Yeah its avoidable if you have a non racist teller.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Let's be fair a note and saying something verbally are two different things.
They are very different. But for context if you believe this to be a robbery, then it 100% doesn’t matter since most bank robberies do not involve a note. So it’s more likely that I was going to rob the place asking for money than a note. Especially if I don’t discern that it’s from my own account and don’t provide any account info when I say it. My post was to rebut the question and made the terms worse than he presented and still didn’t get the cops called on me.

This is all semantics of course and I understand your point but my rebuttal is to the notion of the note being harmless when we apply the standard of her already been given his account information. We just don’t know if that occurred yet. We’ll have to wait and see.