BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
so no one in atlanta has been making withdrawals of over $10K while wearing a mask during the last 2 years?
nikkas just saying dumb shyt. I posted several times in here that I do transactions as high as $150,000 in a bank, in a mask at a branch I’ve never even been to, with no issue. I’m 100% convinced they just never handled money of that size or this one with Coogler before to have an experience to speak on. Other than the poster who says he works in branch bank in here, their opinions seem to be rooted in jokes, not personal knowledge. And even then it’s anecdotal or not 1:1.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I sold a house in 2020, the bank I put a hold on the deposit
:dead:

People really don't know how little money these banks have in their reserves. Banks make money by lending and investing our money out. You literally can deposit a check and if it's for a large amount some banks will make you wait days before you can even access it.
Yep. We should get a Personal Banking 101 thread going on here if there isn't already one

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
This was a publicity stunt. If I go to the bank to pull out a lot of money and dont want to be seen getting all that money from a teller I would just put my name on the sign in sheet and have the person that calls me back to their office or cubicle run me my money simple as that

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I sold a house in 2020, the bank I put a hold on the deposit
:dead:

People really don't know how little money these banks have in their reserves. Banks make money by lending and investing our money out. You literally can deposit a check and if it's for a large amount some banks will make you wait days before you can even access it.
Hown long did the hold last for?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I understand both sides, as I hate banks. I sued my last job which was a major bank. I tried to sue chase for discrimination but no one would take the case, and I tried to sue Wells Fargo for an incident involving my balaclava mask, but no one would take the case. I fukking hate banks.

That said, I have had more than enough experience with situations like dudes. And dude may not have broken the law, but he did have behavior that would possibly cause concern inside a bank.

I believe he was trying to be unnecessarily over discreet (which is his right) but that he put the teller on alert. The teller may or may not have been following protocol, but part of protocol may be them getting to may judgement calls. She probably legit felt something was off and was just wrong.

the bank has just as much identifying information if not more than the police to confirm his identity. so what info did the cops have that the bank didn't that they were unable to verify his identity? what questions could the cops ask that the bank couldn't?

2 years into a massive mask usage and they didn't have any other procedure to verify a suspicious persons identity?!:rudy:

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
nikkas just saying dumb shyt. I posted several times in here that I do transactions as high as $150,000 in a bank, in a mask at a branch I’ve never even been to, with no issue. I’m 100% convinced they just never handled money of that size or this one with Coogler before to have an experience to speak on. Other than the poster who says he works in branch bank in here, their opinions seem to be rooted in jokes, not personal knowledge. And even then it’s anecdotal or not 1:1.
Do you go there with sunglasses, mask and write a note to the seller ?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I understand both sides, as I hate banks. I sued my last job which was a major bank. I tried to sue chase for discrimination but no one would take the case, and I tried to sue Wells Fargo for an incident involving my balaclava mask, but no one would take the case. I fukking hate banks.

That said, I have had more than enough experience with situations like dudes. And dude may not have broken the law, but he did have behavior that would possibly cause concern inside a bank.

I believe he was trying to be unnecessarily over discreet (which is his right) but that he put the teller on alert. The teller may or may not have been following protocol, but part of protocol may be them getting to may judgement calls. She probably legit felt something was off and was just wrong.
Nah bro. He was definitely trying to rob her. :ld:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hown long did the hold last for?
I want to say at least a week. They'll say something like you will have access to X amount of the total, but you won't have access to everything until this date.

When you check your account statement online, you'll see the amount as pending.

I've noticed this a lot more now over the last few years with checks specifically.