BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
You can fit 12k in your pockets, and also you don't have to call ahead to get your money lmao

You have to show ID to withdraw anyway, the bank teller was retarded he handed her a withdrawl slip with a note on there

she assumed he was robbing the bank because of his appearance

You’re missing my point. He obviously asked for her to count it discretely so others wouldn’t know he’s got 12k in cash. You can request for your withdrawal to take place in a private room and typically have to call ahead so they can make provisions for you.

Racism definitely is a factor in her reaction but he could have gone about this differently to avoid that kinda response

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Where you're missing the point is

It's not any one thing he did. It's three. He's not just wearing a mask. My guy was in there dressed like the unibomber.He's setting off three red flags simultaneously. What you're calling an "unorthodox" transaction is almost the definition of what a criminal move in a bank looks like. His appearance, the amount, and the note.

That's why I keep on saying, I don't even know what's being argued here. He basically hit the sweet spot of how to appear criminal in a bank. I clearly cannot explain to you how much passing that note was the line crossing moment.

And you keep talking about debit cards and ID. They're stolen all the time. They're faked all the time. We live in the age of the scammer. I don't understand why you think debit cards and ID's are the end of the road :gucci:

The only time my branch was ever robbed? It was a woman who handed over an id and a credit card who got $7k. The teller was out on probation and missed out on bonuses for six months because they ignored all the other red flags because they had ID.

Don't move the way he was moving in a bank. Dudes are tryna help y'all :dwillhuh:
I didn’t say just use an ID. I clearly said there’s more ways to assure verification that were available. Why are you quoting me and selectively omitting that. Don’t argue like that breh. We are disagreeing but intelligently. Don’t argue like these goofy nikkas bro. I said verify the account if needed in whatever way that is sufficient. I gave a couple I’ve done. Since Covid, nothing is suspicious about hat, mask, shades.

The most she should’ve done would be to ask a manager what to do and perhaps ask for a little more verification such as ID and more account information as well as the signature match verification (Chase does this). And all this is avoided.

Either he didn’t give his account info and he crazy af for that or he did and that bytch is a idiot. :yeshrug:

Geode

All Star
Daps
The optics are terrible, but I'm sure there were a few steps that could have taken place before jumping to suspected robbery AND arrest.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So he got wrongfully accused cause he goofy as fukk basically. Breh not important like that. Nothing wrong with being discreet and lowkey. But y’all saying breh was in Atlanta pulling out 12k. I’m sure he’s known but come on dog, you not Michael Jackson. Ain’t nobody worried about that funky ass 12k. Do this nikka think someone was laying on him in the bank, noticing how much money he had, then was gonna rob him when he left :pachaha:

This nikka talking about don’t count it right here and use the money counter in the back :mjlol: nikka you getting 12k, not 100k. Nobody care about that light as 12k. nikka I could post 12k cash right now. It’s 12k nikka. The fukk. That ain’t no damn money. This nikka passing notes like he got Scrooge McDuck money or some shyt smh

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You read the article? That’s what it said he did. Nothing about his ID, withdrawal slip, nothing. Just a note.
It doesn’t say whether he did or didn’t provide account information. So we don’t know what he did yet. That’s why I’ve said if he did she’s bogus and if he didnt, it’s his own fault.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The "real" Coogler could've been tied up in a basement somewhere.

They're trained to identify strange behaviour and this def qualifies

And shades in a bank are also an automatic no no
I’ve worn shades in a bank. Just not since I’ve worn a mask too.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man.. the teller is fukking stupid :mjlol:

How is it a bank robbery if he was trying to withdraw money from HIS OWN ACCOUNT?! :mindblown:

I mean that’s how most robberies happen :russ:

they pass you a note asking for money. And it’s not clear if he gave her account info or not. Clearly that slip he used is void because he wrote in the area where they print information after the transaction. So we are missing key info here

if he gave her a valid slip and then handed her that second one. She was a little OD with calling the cops

if all he gave her was the bullshyt note then he fukked up

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
acecb824221f4826a7d207e71d5a8e3e_md.png

I don’t blame her…this nikka wrote in the ‘do not write area’ :picard: :lolbron: