BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Discreetly got himself on the front page of TMZ.:mjgrin:

Moral of the story for Coogler: Stop being weird nikka.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re missing my point. He obviously asked for her to count it discretely so others wouldn’t know he’s got 12k in cash. You can request for your withdrawal to take place in a private room and typically have to call ahead so they can make provisions for you.

Racism definitely is a factor in her reaction but he could have gone about this differently to avoid that kinda response

If I bank robbery gives you a note its gonna to give me the money with a threat its not gonna ask you to withdraw from the account

you have to show your ID to withdraw money anyway, she didn't even give him a chance just assumed by his appearance

you don't need a private room to withdraw no damn 12k, I'm pretty sure Coogler does this all the time which is why he felt comfortable, he richer than you how you gonna tell him about his banking habits when you don't withdraw 12k on the regular like he probably does

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Having worked in banking for many years and knowing how KYC/AML processes work, if Coogler walked into a random branch he's never been, with sunglasses on and passed a note EVEN if he was ID'd beforehand, that shyt is very suspect. Maybe the real Ryan Coogler is tied up in a trunk somewhere, and they want to drain his accounts. Private Banking exists for celebs and athletes for this very reason. Others said it, he probably owed someone for something

Tellers can be reprimanded hard for the littlest fraud loss, and when it's a publically exposed person (celeb) with millions in the account, you have to exercise proper due diligence.

Maybe she couldve called the manager over, but who knows. It sounds so bizarre that I ain't mad at her response.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I mean that’s how most robberies happen :russ:

they pass you a note asking for money. And it’s not clear if he gave her account info or not. Clearly that slip he used is void because he wrote in the area where they print information after the transaction. So we are missing key info here

if he gave her a valid slip and then handed her that second one. She was a little OD with calling the cops

if all he gave her was the bullshyt note then he fukked up
In the note he said from his checking account.. aka not a robbery.

Dude didn't show any weapon.. did she first consult her manager or boss first before calling the police?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
If I bank robbery gives you a note its gonna to give me the money with a threat its not gonna ask you to withdraw from the account

you have to show your ID to withdraw money anyway, she didn't even give him a chance just assumed by his appearance

you don't need a private room to withdraw no damn 12k, I'm pretty sure Coogler does this all the time which is why he felt comfortable, he richer than you how you gonna tell him about his banking habits when you don't withdraw 12k on the regular like he probably does
You're wrong on this one buddy.

he says "from my checking account" in the note.

A screenshot was posted in this thread.

If it was an old white lady she wouldn't have called the police.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
At my credit union customer service always ask me if I want donuts a macchiato and if I would like to have my withdrawl counted privately

no need for notes at credit union they respect our privacy

fukk boa

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, that’s how I know you a basement dweller lmao

You don’t have to threaten and you typically avoid that part just in case you get caught, if you’re going to go the note route.

Do you at least know a damn criminal lmao

Two, my man had on a hoodie pulled up, with a Covid mask and black shades. What appearance are you talking about :mjtf:

Maaaaan some of y’all are remedial

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're wrong on this one buddy.

he says "from my checking account" in the note.

A screenshot was posted in this thread.

If it was an old white lady she wouldn't have called the police.

Oh nah now we co-signing “old white ladies” ??? Oh I’m out this some “st0rmfr0nt I hate black people” disguised as pro-black bs

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you at least know a damn criminal lmao

thecoli.com

many ppl do NOT, sir.

…and please don’t mistake that for me defending his post

I’m just taken aback by you assuming everyone should be familiar with criminals lol

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I was on his side until I saw the note. Dude didn't put his name or checking account # on the note and handwrote it

acecb824221f4826a7d207e71d5a8e3e_md.png
Oh shyt… no defending this :mjlol:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
When i got my teeth pulled i had to drop a paper off at a pharmacy for pills…I couldn’t talk so i had to walk up and write a letter….i was also wearing a mask and hat….

these indians and asian were shook at first :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: