BREAKING: Biden has already decided to step down as the Democratic nominee and will not endorse Kamala Harris, sources tell Mark Halperin.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He worked everywhere. ABC and MSNBC etc.

I don’t see why he’d just lie about this.

It seems to make sense. Even Obama came out and told Sleepy Joe to fall back 😅
So what? He was a hack then too.

Yes, a sex pest whom multiple women have accused of sexual harassment is definitely an upstanding, honest person. His Trump-friendly horse-race reporting also paints him as someone who can be trusted, not to mention his employment at NewsMax!

The lap dogs of democracy who didn’t bark at Trump

Consider Trump’s refusal at last week’s debate to say that he would respect the results of the election, a violation of the indispensable notion of the peaceful transfer of power.

But on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” the next morning, the process journalists had a different view. “It’s the revenge of the elites,” Mark Halperin of Bloomberg Politics said. “Elites do not accept that that was an appropriate answer.”

Host Joe Scarborough agreed that the issue was only of concern to “people in newsrooms . . . with their soy lattes.”

Halperin (Harvard ’87) went on to say that “normal people won’t care about that answer.”

Halperin and Scarborough were wrong; a Post-ABC News poll found that 65 percent disapproved of Trump’s refusal. But that’s beside the point: What Trump said was reckless and dangerous — and saying so has nothing to do with soy lattes.

“Morning Joe” has come in for a large share of criticism for cheering on the rise of Trump. And contributor Halperin’s praise for Trump’s tactical genius has been particularly soulless.

In March, Halperin declared on “Morning Joe” that Trump is “one of the two most talented presidential candidates any of us have covered.” In January, also on “Morning Joe,” he said Trump’s attacks on the Clintons were “politically brilliant.”

In June on his Bloomberg TV show, “With All Due Respect,” Halperin asserted that “it’s not racial” for Trump to attempt to disqualify an Indiana-born federal judge as a “Mexican” because of his ancestry. His reason: “Mexico isn’t a race.”

When Trump named Stephen Bannon to head his campaign, coverage noted the publisher’s strong ties to the racist alt-right. Halperin argued that Bannon “should not have let himself be so defined by others. The guy’s got an impressive résumé.”

Earlier this month, when a New York Times lawyer responded to Trump’s threat to sue the newspaper, Halperin said the lawyer’s letter was a “big mistake” because “we have to be fair and even in this campaign and not basically take sides.”

And when Trump was widely panned for calling on Russia to find Clinton’s missing emails, Halperin said, “There is a lot of fault on both sides.”

This is not to pick solely on Halperin, with whom I have clashed over the years. Trump exploited a profession dominated by process journalism, and the entire cable news industry irresponsibly gave Trump unfiltered and uncritical coverage as he mounted his assaults on democracy and civility — the equivalent of millions of dollars of free ads that propelled him to the nomination.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea just hand the election to Trump :heh:

Straight up I’m bout to just put my head in the sand and ride this thing out. Coli already becoming unbearable with all the election threads and it’s only July. And it always the same people in the threads saying the same exact thing they said in the other one
:heh:

Ahhh,the joy of being indifferent and righteously unnaffected:respect:.#GodGotUs #WinWinSituation

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He sexually assaulted at least a dozen women, prime NEWSMAX Material.

How did I miss this? Dude was a solid reporter. I enjoyed all his books documenting the behind the scenes fu meet of elections going back to 2008. Had no idea he was FAN.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Didn’t trump says he running for president in 2032 a few days ago.:patrice:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
because the plan was never for kamala to have to step in to win it herself, 3 months out

she would have had to prove herself by actually winning the democratic primary first, to prove she could win the general :yeshrug:

I don't know how you have a 78 year old president and pick a vp who you don't think can win at the drop of a hat.

Clearly neither Biden or the rest of the Dem elites have faith in her.

She was there to sure up the black vote but clearly not much else

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anyone with any presidential aspirations in the Democratic Party should sit 2024 out. It would be an uphill battle to be the nominee at this stage of the game and a loss would be the end of one political career.

Weakening a sitting president during an election is an interesting strategy. Just let Biden slid gracefully in defeat and focus on the midterms in 2026.