Boxing is hard as shyt

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
IDK I was sparring in like 2 and everyone was shocked since they assumed Id been boxing for a year or so I wasnt spooked or nuthin and my trainer drilled drilled drilled technique and conditioning plus I was doing work for like 8 hours a week…quick learner etc. but my trainer also made sure I wasnt gonna be a deer in headlights either

I do think for most folks 6 months is good though cux not every trainer as crucial as mines. Duke like 6-0 as a pro and a monster and a good tracher to boot. 90% of the battle is finding a teacher that is good.
2 months aint bad but idk, I like to take my time.

But I’m kinda a perfectionist tho :yeshrug:

But boxing comes easy… and here we go with the randoms talking about other shyt being harder:snoop:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
yeah if someone takes a couple good overhand rights they rock heads probs broke my hand at that point lol. Boxing so fukking pretty though, I do want to learn Muay thai next tho. They do work in the clinch
It’s more than pretty

Some people just not trying to roll around on the ground with another nikka all day

I took other shyt too, I actually like Muay Thai, but I fukked with boxing because from my experience, it was the most practical shyt to use in a street fight. And maybe wrestling..

I was getting jumped, no way I’m trying to grapple a nikka. :mjlol:

Footwork and handspeed saved a nikkas life.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Oh and i liked Muay thai because of low kicks, stance, and the use of elbows, etc.. All practical shyt. I would put my kids through Muay Thai especially if I have girls

I like boxing more so for the fluidity of movement and the practice of head movement. You can win a lot of fights just by moving your head and jabbing, getting in and out of range, etc.

Boxing was more useful to me if you’re dealing with multiple people. The goal is ultimately to get out of the situation. I know people say it’s a “sport” but you don’t play boxing. Playing boxing can get you killed in or out the ring.

Most arts don’t even teach you to throw a proper punch. A proper punch can end a fight fast. I would suggest toughening your hands before that though. But most of the time, I don’t even head hunt.

Self defense is self defense to me, thread shouldn’t be about comparing which is better. If you know how to save your life you good. Homie was getting played because MMA guy was just trying to get paid to beat bruh up.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
OP change gym's took me a while to find a gym too and I got into boxing late. A lot of trainers are only in it for the money. I still haven't sparred yet and I've been training for about 5 months. I use hayabusa gloves too, I'm not buying the fancy shyt like winning gloves or reyes until I spar or I'm good enough. Watch film, get your cardio up with jump rope, running

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
OP change gym's took me a while to find a gym too and I got into boxing late. A lot of trainers are only in it for the money. I still haven't sparred yet and I've been training for about 5 months. I use hayabusa gloves too, I'm not buying the fancy shyt like winning gloves or reyes until I spar or I'm good enough. Watch film, get your cardio up with jump rope, running
Yeah I’m just gonna stick to YouTube for the time being. Gonna make the trip out to a real gym in the next few weeks. My head still hurts from the bullshyt yesterday :francis:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

ironically hayabusa is technically fancy. Any gloves above like 100 considered as much. Winnings just on another level apparently. I want to try a pair before I cop because the way nikkas talk about them shyts I got to test drive first to believe it. Specially since they would be sparring only gloves, i dont mind hitting the bag with dogshyt if I have to tbh. But the T3s super nice for solo work.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just bought some new gloves for heavy bag work.

s-l500.jpg

I love doing bag work as cardio! I used to train MMA but I don't do it now. I may get back into grappling because I can incorporate it into other combatives but I want to at leas keep my hand speed and cardio up so I had to replace my old gloves.

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
Man. I just started Muay Thai about 2 mo ago and I can agree w everything OP said. I’m finding that I’ve got really tight hips/ shoulders, and I’m not NEARLY as good as I thought I’d be starting out.

I gotta say it’s cool as hell getting to learn something completely new and foreign. Everytime I get hit, I thank god n try to be happy bout the pain. And sparring??? Man, there’s really LEVELS to this shyt.

OP hopefully you keep going, and anyone thinking of starting, do it expeditiously. No you’re not too old or out of shape or whatever dumbass excuse you come up with

Edit: your trainer sounds terrible. Why have less than 10 sessions and sparring for a full championship fight :mjlol:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Haven’t box since I was 25

I got in the ring just playing around with a nice amateur breh and shyt a brother was crawling to the corner in about 40 seconds