Bouncing idea's 🏀: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

I wonder what he's gonna look like. 2 years is a long time to be off. Can his body hold up to back to backs or 4 games in 5 nights? Probably not. It'll be really interesting to see what he looks like around the ASB, considering that cartilage replacement surgery is fairly unprecedented

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I wonder what he's gonna look like. 2 years is a long time to be off. Can his body hold up to back to backs or 4 games in 5 nights? Probably not. It'll be really interesting to see what he looks like around the ASB, considering that cartilage replacement surgery is fairly unprecedented
Get that man some stem cells and push for the play-in. Spurs need that Bulls pick :ufdup:

200w.gif

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
YEP. Melo could have waited and still got paid. Would have had a squad that could have given Miami a run for their money. And him and Bosh wouldn't have been able to go to Miami with Bron. And though he probably was the first choice Bosh in retrospect probably was the best choice. Melo wouldn't have been content getting 18-20 a night. Though I think with him there they would have just overwhelmed teams with the scoring and he probably still would have gotten back to that 25 ppg range once D-Wade got out of his prime years. But he wasn't ready and wanted to be the man more then anything.

It was Denver that jumped the gun though. They didn't want to lose him for nothing in the offseason, because everyone knew he was going to NY. But honestly, he was going to NY no matter what the roster looked like, and what they were going to pay him, because Lala insisted on it.

I never thought Melo cared where he played ball. Everyone said he liked Denver, just not Karl...but Lala hated it there since it took her too far from her job. She could've lived in NY on her own though, but she wanted to keep tabs on Melo.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
It was Denver that jumped the gun though. They didn't want to lose him for nothing in the offseason, because everyone knew he was going to NY. But honestly, he was going to NY no matter what the roster looked like, and what they were going to pay him, because Lala insisted on it.

I never thought Melo cared where he played ball. Everyone said he liked Denver, just not Karl...but Lala hated it there since it took her too far from her job. She could've lived in NY on her own though, but she wanted to keep tabs on Melo.
If this was the case Denver would have been fools not to trade Melo but I thought the feeling at the time was he was pressed to go there before free agency to get that extra year and money.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Tyus exactly what they need, crazy they got him for cheap
If that's all it took to get him, I'm wondering why other contenders didn't at least put in the call as well.

He should fire his agent as he's too good of a player to be playing on that cheap of deal.