Bouncing idea's 🏀: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

GTLW52kXYAAUzrm

Bron stans are going to be out of control if Bron handles business this summer :wow:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
He could have signed with New York the following offseason but instead had to go there earlier and have the team gutted.

Would have been a great team.
YEP. Melo could have waited and still got paid. Would have had a squad that could have given Miami a run for their money. And him and Bosh wouldn't have been able to go to Miami with Bron. And though he probably was the first choice Bosh in retrospect probably was the best choice. Melo wouldn't have been content getting 18-20 a night. Though I think with him there they would have just overwhelmed teams with the scoring and he probably still would have gotten back to that 25 ppg range once D-Wade got out of his prime years. But he wasn't ready and wanted to be the man more then anything.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the NBA the money is guaranteed too. It ain't like the 90s anymore where certain injuries mean the player will never been the same again. We've seen time and time again players that get hurt and still get max offers once they've proven they are superstars which Carmelo had already proven. Carmelo was getting a max after 3 years no matter what. That interview just struck me as Carmelo being risk adverse and also wanting to be his own man instead of playing with Lebron and being looked at as a second fiddle.
He hard headed. We all got that friend that when you tryna do something as a group they drag they feet, they cant see the vision, they need extra convincing. The way things went at the end of his career show you he is just stubborn. And a lot of great athletes and successful people are for better or worse. But lets keep it a 100, 000 Melo wasnt bout to be anybody's 3rd or 4th (that wasnt even a possibility) option. He woulda been at worse 2nd and Bron mighta even let him have that 1st option spot. Having Melo as anything less than a 2nd option is a waste of his skillset.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

Some people will literally say anything :unimpressed:
And I know there's gonna be some people in here that agree with him cause Boogie is very overrated on this board (despite being a very good player)

He's one of the dudes that Coli dudes suck off mad hard

Him, Penny, T Mac, and A.I.