Boosie says he was never a fan of Andre Three Thousand or Outkast, first Atlanta cat he ever bumped like that was Tip

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did this become a Big Boi >>>>> Andre 3000. We know there are people who prefer one over the other, but this board goes extra with it. Like, you got people acting as if everybody was in agrreance that Big Boi was better than Andre 3000 then all of a sudden people started jockin Andre 3000. That's not how it happened and most of ya'll know that. Had nothing to do with that Eminem line either.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How did this become a Big Boi >>>>> Andre 3000. We know there are people who prefer one over the other, but this board goes extra with it. Like, you got people acting as if everybody was in agrreance that Big Boi was better than Andre 3000 then all of a sudden people started jockin Andre 3000. That's not how it happened and most of ya'll know that. Had nothing to do with that Eminem line either.
This is nothing compared to the actual cultural disrespect and rewriting of history Big Boi has been getting over the past decade. Nowhere close. People will have Dre in a top 5 or 10 and have Big Boi in like top 50. And this is from official lists by publications. It’s fukking disgusting.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Man everybody lie them nikkas I never heard or seen anybody anything bad about these dudes.

8Ball and MJG made a lot dope songs...

There's a reason why Mobb Deep wanted to collab with the Fat Mac.

"Ball was in the studio session cutting up some weed with some scissors" says Prodigy.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is nothing compared to the actual cultural disrespect and rewriting of history Big Boi has been getting over the past decade. Nowhere close. People will have Dre in a top 5 or 10 and have Big Boi in like top 50. And this is from official lists by publications. It’s fukking disgusting.

I get that, but it is all countered by people who do the same with Big, but only bring him up to knock Dre. Rarely does Big Boi get his due for being him and he has a solo catalog, yet his music rarely gets discussed. Andre 3000's name gets mentioned and there's a bunch of "Big Boi is >>>>>" and "Big Boi is elite", but people don't show up when Big Boi is the topic or mention him in GOAT convos.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I get that, but it is all countered by people who do the same with Big, but only bring him up to knock Dre. Rarely does Big Boi get his due for being him and he has a solo catalog, yet his music rarely gets discussed. Andre 3000's name gets mentioned and there's a bunch of "Big Boi is >>>>>" and "Big Boi is elite", but people don't show up when Big Boi is the topic or mention him in GOAT convos.
I think it’s goofy. Neither one is that far from the other is all saying.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
It's funny how when ppl say something that's going against the popular opinion, they automatically label the person broke and bitter :mjlol:
Boosie didnt say anything disrespectful. It makes sense boosie would like TI more than 3k. Makes sense he gravitated to the more street life type rappers.

The way nikkas in here up in arms you woulda thought Boosie said 3k was trash or something.
Yeah anybody that watched that vid should not at all be offended by what he said. I’m 36 and my foundational years were Biggie, PAC, No Limit, Jay, Nas, Cash Money, and various Screwed Up Click rappers. I was not listening to Arrested Development, Tribe Called Quest, and early Common, but recognized their influence later.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Y'all weird...the booth is usually
Square nikkas/New Blacks/c00ns/Cacs into hip-hop vs Regular Black folks

-Square nikkas/New Blacks/c00ns/Cacs into hip-hop spewing anti-black rhetoric in the guise of hip-hop sobriety BS
-Regular black folks who have no issues with Boosie having an opinion
You forgot the largest group, pro-black people

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
It's funny how when ppl say something that's going against the popular opinion, they automatically label the person broke and bitter :mjlol:
Boosie didnt say anything disrespectful. It makes sense boosie would like TI more than 3k. Makes sense he gravitated to the more street life type rappers.

The way nikkas in here up in arms you woulda thought Boosie said 3k was trash or something.
This is true. Only thing weird to me is that outkast were street rappers themselves but people act like they were just some nerds or some shyt :russ:

Them and goodie mob were essentially some spiritual hood nikkas from Atlanta rapping about everyday life. Pimping, selling dope, hustling, jewlery, cars, getting p*ssy, and fighting nikkas

They literally describe themselves as "two dopeboys in a cadillac"

It's just weird to me that they have the same subject matter as 3 6 or ugk, but get pigeonholed into something different entirely instead of just a variation.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
This is true. Only thing weird to me is that outkast were street rappers themselves but people act like they were just some nerds or some shyt :russ:

Them and goodie mob were essentially some spiritual hood nikkas from Atlanta rapping about everyday life. Pimping, selling dope, hustling, jewlery, cars, getting p*ssy, and fighting nikkas

They literally describe themselves as "two dopeboys in a cadillac"

It's just weird to me that they have the same subject matter as 3 6 or ugk, but get pigeonholed into something different entirely instead of just a variation.
i was about to say he was probably young and probably stankonia was his introduction

but this dude older than me lol

the south really is slow. Well at least back then in regards to hiphop. Correction. In regards to everything

With that said it’s a reason nobody goes 20x platinum. Not every one likes or knows every artist. No matter how popular or unpopular the artist is

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Ehh, maybe just outkast was seemingly on some other stuff when I consumed their music. I didnt go out looking for outkast. When I would see them on bet or 106 it would be for Lovebelow/the way you move/BOB/So fresh So clean/Ms Jackson/Hey Ya. So it didnt appear to me they were street rappers. I didnt think they were nerds, especially Big Boi, just different type of rap :yeshrug: