Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Mosé de La Rogeuz

Inquisitor
Daps
Dracula1st.jpeg

the whole book has me like :popcorn:

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Just finished reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts for the 3rd time. It's incredible, based on a true story, and they need to get that movie made with Amitabh Bachchan playing Khaderbhai before it's too late. The first time I read the book I pictured Khader as Amitabh, before there was even talk of a movie being made out of it. It's the role he was born to play for the Western audience.

Started Jasmine Guy's Afeni Shakur book this morning.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Currently reading the collected essays of James Baldwin and David Byrne's book How Music Works

The David Byrne book is incredible :ohlawd:

Oh, and Baldwin isn't so bad either.

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
Anyone here into scifi. I read Accelerando. Great book, focuses on the singularity, A.I., nanotechnology, future civilizations, etc.

Real mind feed

Daps
Finished these two within the last few weeks. The story lines were kind of predictable, but entertaining nonetheless. Now I gotta wait for the 3rd book of the saga.

17171909.jpg
20797535.jpg

If I had Sorens ability I may have committed suicide breh. It seems like some unbearable shyt to deal with.

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
wuthering-heights.jpg

Read Wuthering Heights, brehs. :mjcry:

That book's a mess. A hot, sweltering, psychotic mess. I feel like throttling the heroine every other paragraph :beli: At least the book acknowledges she's mentally ill. What an abominably selfish creature! :pacspit: I wanna hug the narrator for having to put up with those brats :to: Bunch of sordid, unlikable characters and people.

At least Emily Bronte does drama better than her sister Charlotte! Wuthering Heights >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jane Eyre. It actually manages to be tortured and fukked up in an entertaining way. Like watching a trainwreck go on and the passengers all bytching and moaning. Unlike the snooze-fest that's Jane Eyre.

Heathcliff/Cathy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rochester/Jane. Heathcliff's a monster and never hides it, why would he when she loves it, and they are both two enormously fukked up c*nts. None of that wishy-washy flat redemption narrative. :russ:

Last edited:

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
I'm halfway through the shining be stephen king and really enjoying it. Love how he's slowly building you up to the terror that's coming. I kinda feel sorry for jack Torrance actually.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
trying to get through these two at the moment.. but it's not going so well.

VFDWQnU.png
b9ATvMm.jpg

just started this one but i haven't gotten too far into it because i been trying to finish those first 2..

y3A4pBE.jpg