Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Who cares? Because it's hypocritical and ignorant. The monkey ain't got shyt to do with black people. And I for one don't give a fukk about Asians but this is ridiculous
Again....did you counter my point about the very people whose activism you live off of using the word amongst themselves?

This whole "say niqqa" argument is a waste of time.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The very fact @jwonder is dismissing Boogie on "I bet they" guesstimates to call someone a hypocrite shows how stupid he is.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
When I heard this story at first I was :what:

But after reading more about it and thinking about it some more I salute the fukk outta Boogie for this :salute:

Even if the intent was not to disrespect, the history of "monkey" and derogatory stereotypes associated with blacks is enough to warrant a response from someone who is well aware of the history that image carries as it pertains to blacks in this country. I salute him for making them pull the shirts....whether misplaced or not, he felt some type of way and had every right to

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
Has Sacramento done
"the year of ..." in the past, or is this a first? If not, highly suspicious of why they chose "the year of the monkey" to start with.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
they better not be handing out shirts made of cotton i know that much
1454429579.gif

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:camby: all the way outta here with this "bless his heart" crap. He was out of his league on this one.

Ignorance perpetuates ignorance
I'm not saying he was right. I'm saying the intent was true. Clearly he needs to understand the intent of the Kings wasn't to be disrespectful but it was a misunderstanding. Compared to the fukkery he gets himself into, this is just a "my bad" moment

Taco

All Star
Daps
they better not be handing out shirts made of cotton i know that much
The best post in this thread LOL Crazy to think that Boogie lives in Sac which is a pretty diverse area compared to other nba teams. If he feel that way though what can you tell a man? Dude is exercising his rights as an American, salute.

baltimore

Pro
Daps
damn are these black people that are so mad boogie doesnt want this bullshyt on the seats to kick off bhm? like how could you be really mad i would expect a shrug at most its disheartening seeing blacks throw their weight around and other blacks mad about it? whats the worst message we could be sending that they are sensitive given the recent history of this country or even league???

meanwhile kanye has to apologize for saying blacks dont have the connections and wealth the jews have? how could that be an insult? you just gotta watch how people portray you and everyone knows the nba is a black show marketed to everyone else why not at least make them show some tact

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fukk the Chinese history month, ain't no black man wearing a damn monkey on his shirt.