Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Chinese people don't care about black history month so I don't see why NBA players should recognize Chinese new year. I think it's a reasonable move.
Tons of NBA players have deals with China. Kobe, Lebron, Chris Paul, curry etc all go over there in the off season. They make more money in China than in the United States. You never seen all the YouTube videos of players hosting camps there? China + NBA is huge. Klay Thompson shoes are China brand..metta world peace, j kidd, dwade

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I bet they call each other nikka tho. Smh

This one seems like a stretch. Every year in Chinese new year is a different animal so it's not like it's intentional.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I bet they call each other nikka tho. Smh

This one seems like a stretch. Every year in Chinese new year is a different animal so it's not like it's intentional.
Who cares what someone calls themselves amongst each other? You act as if the civil rights movement you're benefitting off of today wasn't full of cats calling each other the same.

These fake ass bars you dudes create to dismiss people is corny as pure fukk.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I think Boogie concern is misplaced here. But why the fukk should one complain when he's carrying a concern in the first place?

So many of you cornballs overlook that part.

At least appreciate it

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
nikka is overreacting, it's a damn shirt

It aint like these damn vietcongs is running around in blackface or saying the n word.

1st world problems ass nikka

It's kind of like when a school lunch menu will all of a sudden bring out fried chicken, watermelon, and cornbread in February when they never really serve those things any other time. It's always the little things like that. No one is forcing you to feel offended but don't ridicule others who might have a problem with it.

School sorry for Black History lunch menu of watermelon, fried chicken

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Yet Boogie is quiet about the lack of representation for black history month.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Cacs really outting themselves in this fukken thread.

He obviously doesn't think he looks like monkey, but is aware of perception.

What are they doing for Black History month btw?
No, this is ridiculous. Each NBA team in addition to the NBA itself is doing black history related events all month. The players and coaches themselves warmed up in black history month shirts. You'd know that though if you didn't jump to baseless conclusions. Like others in this thread have said, the problem is with you nikkas who see a monkey and all of a sudden feel some kind of way like a mental midget. The Kings have a huge Chinese fan base in Sacramento and abroad and the Chinese New Year is on the 8th. Perfect time to promote gear for it.

they better not be handing out shirts made of cotton i know that much
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I think Boogie concern is misplaced here. But why the fukk should one complain when he's carrying a concern in the first place?

So many of you cornballs overlook that part.

At least appreciate it

Weren't people complaining that players weren't conscious enough and wouldn't speak up on certain things? Even if this might be a slight overreaction to some people, we all know the racist symbolism behind monkeys. And pointing that out doesn't make someone a "mental midget".

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Who cares what someone calls themselves amongst each other? You act as if the civil rights movement you're benefitting off of today wasn't full of cats calling each other the same.

These fake ass bars you dudes create to dismiss people is corny as pure fukk.
Who cares? Because it's hypocritical and ignorant. The monkey ain't got shyt to do with black people. And I for one don't give a fukk about Asians but this is ridiculous