Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The intent doesn't matter. If people used rat images ALL the time to make fun of and demean gays, and an organization wanted to celebrate "the year of the rat" during Gay Pride week, someone smart would wisely get up and say, "that's not a good look, we should probably wait." The people making the shirts aren't saying they hate gays, but they're obviously oblivious to the concerns and sensitivities of homosexuals.

It's not different. It could have easily turned into a shyt storm for the Kings when people get on Twitter wondering why Kings players were wearing monkeys on their shirts on the first day of black history. "THERE WAS NOBODY THERE TO LOOK AT THIS AND SAY THIS WAS A BAD IDEA?!?"
Then you're overly sensitive over someone else's CULTURE. That's what you're forgetting. There's a culture aspect to this that is not primarily concerned with your reservations and have no reason to once you find out why they're celebrating it. Had they done it tomorrow you'd be asking the same question.

If you had to ask why are Kings players are wearing monkeys on their shirt the answer you'd give them is "read what it says on the shirt."

You know what IS justifiably offensive and nonsensical? When the NBA wants to put Los in front of your team name and call it a celebration of Latin Heritage

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You can bet your ass that if the staff the monkey was holding looked a little more like this, them shirts would've been pulled with the quickness tho:francis:

005_zpsmqjd3mxw.jpg

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Then you're overly sensitive over someone else's CULTURE. That's what you're forgetting. There's a culture aspect to this that is not primarily concerned with your reservations and have no reason to once you find out why they're celebrating it. Had they done it tomorrow you'd be asking the same question.

If you had to ask why are Kings players are wearing monkeys on their shirt the answer you'd give them is "read what it says on the shirt."

You know what IS justifiably offensive and nonsensical? When the NBA wants to put Los in front of your team name and call it a celebration of Latin Heritage

And you're being under sensitive about Boogies culture. This is so crazy to me, "not on the first day, come on" is him being over reactive? CNY don't even start till next week, the Kings owner even came out and said, he's right, we were being insensitive.

The whole "it's their culture" aspect is moot, cause boogies stance isn't "fukk CHINESE NEW YEAR". It's simply, this isn't a good look on the first day of Black History month.

On the Latin heritage thing, I've never perceived it as offensive, because that's not my culture and I'm not well versed it in. But guess what? If a Latin player or member of the community came out and said "this some bullshyt" I'd hear them out and not write him off as being sensitive or over reacting. Cause who the fukk am I to tell them how they're supposed to recieve something... ESPECIALLY, when it was specifically used to demean them for decades.

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day

Just in general. It's a move that's good, but it makes us look like a bunch of mentally weak cry babies. It's a stereotype that was created hundreds of years ago and it's still affecting us now, but when will the day come when we are strong enough that it doesn't bother us?

I know i'm not a monkey so it doesn't bother me at all. Every time something like this happens, the people that created this negative stereotype win because they got the job done.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It's no use arguing it with white folk.
They, for some reason, believe they should decide what's offensive and what's not. But they don't understand that it doesn't work that way.
It someone finds it offensive than its offensive. Period.
Only thing you can do about it is decide whether you give a fukk or not about other people's feelings.

No use trying to make up some reason why they shouldn't be offended.

Panthers did this when that lady complained about the cam newton
She found him offensive, did they try to make her understand why she's being an idiot? No
They just said fukk you bytch we still dabbing.

If you don't have the courage to do that you're either p*ssy or wrong.

Kings are p*ssy in this case.
But salute to cuz for pulling their card.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
@Ed MOTHEREFFING G neggin me :mjlol: Chinese New Year, year of the monkey offensive on Black History Month. Swear you can't make this stuff up. :russ:
It's no use arguing it with white folk.
They, for some reason, believe they should decide what's offensive and what's not. But they don't understand that it doesn't work that way.
It someone finds it offensive than its offensive. Period.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Just in general. It's a move that's good, but it makes us look like a bunch of mentally weak cry babies. It's a stereotype that was created hundreds of years ago and it's still affecting us now, but when will the day come when we are strong enough that it doesn't bother us?

I know i'm not a monkey so it doesn't bother me at all. Every time something like this happens, the people that created this negative stereotype win because they got the job done.
do you think that jewish people would be bothered by year of the rat shirts at an event hosted by them during rash hashanah if it coincided with chinese new year?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Just have to accept that there is no right answer here.

Just one of those awkward situations.
the right answer is, a player thought something his employer was doing was offensive to him and a group of people, they realized "well, if he believes that, then its worth changing"

and they did

theres not even an argument to be had