Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I'm offended that in 2016 we as black people see "monkey" and automatically think it has something to do with our culture or Black History Month. It's a separate celebration for a different culture, there's literally no correlation between the two
But the coli will tell you that Asians are the second biggest enemies of black people and the year of the monkey was purposely created thousands of years ago in advance to insult black folks.:troll:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
What you think about Cinco De Mayo being celebrated here in the States? :ld:
Nothing wrong with cinco de mayo. Nothing wrong with Chinese New Year either. I just feel a person has a right to object to something they find offensive, regardless of the artists original intention.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
If I'm asked to design a year of the monkey T-shirt, fukk I look like thinking I'm designing something racist.

Of course I'm gonna put a damn monkey on there. :martin:
For real. We all know good and damn well whoever designed these shirts wasn't thinking about nikkas when they made these t-shirts.

What the fukk else you supposed to put on the damn shirt? :mjlol:

I respect Cuz for speaking on it if he felt some type of way cause it's his right though. But the shirts ain't that bad nor harmful

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I'm mad because of the ignorance displayed by Boogie that somehow gets applauded on this website as somehow being commendable. He was completely in the wrong for having the shirts removed. There is literally nothing you or anybody else can say to justify such stupidity

I bet you're way more upset about the shirts getting removed than the people who sponsored the promotion. Get over it. And we've already explained the racist history behind monkey imagery and black people. Unless you want to keep being naive and ignore the multiple instances of white people throwing bananas at black soccer players.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
This just goes to show how White Supremacy has damaged the minds of those who have been oppressed :snoop:
To see a monkey on a shirt and then associate that with YOURSELF is exactly what the racist people who used such tactics want you to think. Black people didn't look at themselves as apes, that is what was used as a racial slur because of skin color

So why reinforce it by acting like there is a hint of truth to it?

TO all those saying "Good for you DeMarco" I have to say :usure:

If I wear a Ritz shirt am I taking subliminals at the white man? :wow:

Horrible comparison:mjlol:

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Nothing wrong with cinco de mayo. Nothing wrong with Chinese New Year either. I just feel a person has a right to object to something they find offensive, regardless of the artists original intention.

Malcolm X would not support this level of sensitivity. ..
If you gonna act like that change your avi to some feminist or something

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Because the West Coast and Sacramento have a size able Asian population and the Chinese New Year starts this week. Cousins thought the shirts were racist because he's an ignorant clown who doesn't understand their culture. It has NOTHING to do with black people, he's a fukkin idiot

Chinese New Year doesn't officially start until February 8th. Why bring out the monkey shirts on Feb 1st, the first day of black history month :jbhmm: