Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Who cares if you're not white? You certainly are taking on their thinking with this new age thought process of overlooking any and everything. Doesn't change the fact that you just put on a corny false equivalence display of grabbing for any monkey reference and applying it here. :heh:

I agree that this was a reach by Boogie. I'm just glad an athlete has that level of concern.

So you agree it was a reach then by Boogie? I'd take it a step further and say it was a gross false equivalence on his part. I'd also say my thinking being in harmony with cacs on overlooking everything is quite the opposite. My thinking on this matter is not caring what they think, and if they're ignorant enough to see a humorous connection between monkeys associated with Chinese culture and Black History month, that's on them. Myself personally, I'm not so sensitive that I'm going to play into something that retarded. This was definitely something to be overlooked because there was nothing to see unless one forces himself to see something that isn't there. It's all really humorous to me TBH. :mjlol:

Now don't mind me, I'm going to listen to every Sean P album except Monkey Bars, because during the month of February it makes one a c00n to listen to that project. Every other month of the year is fine. RIP Sean P!!!

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Whites exposing themseleves in this thread big time.
No matter how you cut it, the optics of this move were terrible and Cousins actually saved the Kings a huge PR nightmare, by just having a opinon that a significant size of the NBA's audience would have that the guys on management probably overlooked.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
So you agree it was a reach then by Boogie? I'd take it a step further and say it was a gross false equivalence on his part. I'd also say my thinking being in harmony with cacs on overlooking everything is quite the opposite. My thinking on this matter is not caring what they think, and if they're ignorant enough to see a humorous connection between monkeys associated with Chinese culture and Black History month, that's on them. Myself personally, I'm not so sensitive that I'm going to play into something that retarded. This was definitely something to be overlooked because there was nothing to see unless one forces himself to see something that isn't there. It's all really humorous to me TBH. :mjlol:

Now don't mind me, I'm going to listen to every Sean P album except Monkey Bars, because during the month of February it makes one a c00n to listen to that project. Every other month of the year is fine. RIP Sean P!!!
So you think Boogie did this caring what they think and not what blacks would think with BHM coming up? :rudy:

HumbertoWCA

Venezuela
Daps
Why nobody bytched last year about these?
2015-Chinese-New-Year-James-Harden-13-Basketball-jersey-New-Material-Rev30-Sheep-dress-high-Quality.jpg

The Kings played 2014-15 preseason games at China

The Kings will play the Brooklyn Nets on October 12 in Shanghai (Mercedes-Benz Center) and October 15 in Beijing (MasterCard Center). The games are part of NBA Global Games, the league’s comprehensive international schedule that will include a total of five preseason games in four countries this October.

Other teams used chinese new year uniforms last year and nobody said shyt because it was a goat.

First Chinese New Year Uniforms:

For the first time in NBA history, teams will wear specially designed Chinese New Year uniforms that pay tribute to the league's Chinese fans and their culture. The Warriors will wear the uniform on Feb. 20 when they play the San Antonio Spurs at home, while the Rockets will wear their uniform on Feb. 21 when they host the Toronto Raptors. Both teams will wear the uniforms for a combined total of seven games. In addition to the Rockets and Warriors, the Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors and Washington Wizards will also celebrate the holiday and pay tribute to Chinese culture with fan giveaways, musical performances, dancers, food, courtside signage, and partner activation.

2013-14 kings celebrated chinese new year (february)
During the 2013-14 season, 21 Kings games were broadcast live on Chinese media outlets including CCTV 5, BesTV, Chongqing Satellite TV, Sina.com, QQ.com and LeTV. The Kings celebrated the Chinese New Year during the February 3 game against the Chicago Bulls, which was broadcast on CCTV 5. On February 25, the Kings launched an official account on Weibo, China’s premier microblogging site, which attracts over 500 million total users. The NBA also operates the Kings official team website in Chinese, http://china.nba.com/kings.

But now its a mokey so everybody is bytching.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
2015-Chinese-New-Year-James-Harden-13-Basketball-jersey-New-Material-Rev30-Sheep-dress-high-Quality.jpg

Other teams used chinese new year uniforms last year and nobody said shyt because it was a goat.

Whose everybody?

Most of us in here think it's a reach.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
When soccer fans in Europe throw bananas at black players it's only because they think he's hungry :troll:
Black people aren't called monkeys :troll:
Giving away a monkey tshirt on the FIRST DAY of black history month isn't insulting or insensitive in the slightest :troll:
These actions are overtly racist in nature. One star post

The rockets have a monkey hat this year too, dont see no faux-outrage about that shyt. Ignorance perpetuates ignorance

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

yeah. What is your point?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Long ass title aside what y'all think about the move?

This just goes to show how White Supremacy has damaged the minds of those who have been oppressed :snoop:
To see a monkey on a shirt and then associate that with YOURSELF is exactly what the racist people who used such tactics want you to think. Black people didn't look at themselves as apes, that is what was used as a racial slur because of skin color

So why reinforce it by acting like there is a hint of truth to it?

TO all those saying "Good for you DeMarco" I have to say :usure:

If I wear a Ritz shirt am I taking subliminals at the white man? :wow:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I dont think this was racist or intentional(you never really know with these people tho :mjpls:) but it was most definitely ignorant and insensitive to expect 2 teams full of black players to play a game on the 1st day of BHM with the entire crown(mostly white) wearing shirts with monkeys on them

The more I think about it the more i think it was an intentional troll