Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
And you're being under sensitive about Boogies culture. This is so crazy to me, "not on the first day, come on" is him being over reactive? CNY don't even start till next week, the Kings owner even came out and said, he's right, we were being insensitive.

The whole "it's their culture" aspect is moot, cause boogies stance isn't "fukk CHINESE NEW YEAR". It's simply, this isn't a good look on the first day of Black History month.

On the Latin heritage thing, I've never perceived it as offensive, because that's not my culture and I'm not well versed it in. But guess what? If a Latin player or member of the community came out and said "this some bullshyt" I'd hear them out and not write him off as being sensitive or over reacting. Cause who the fukk am I to tell them how they're supposed to recieve something... ESPECIALLY, when it was specifically used to demean them for decades.

Which is why I said his heart was in the right place. The idea of the shirt being offensive more on the first than any other day is bizarre though, as if Black History Month was reduced to just February 1st or something.

The Latin Heritage thing is wack because it's only done to sell gear

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Because the West Coast and Sacramento have a size able Asian population and the Chinese New Year starts this week. Cousins thought the shirts were racist because he's an ignorant clown who doesn't understand their culture. It has NOTHING to do with black people, he's a fukkin idiot
When soccer fans in Europe throw bananas at black players it's only because they think he's hungry :troll:
Black people aren't called monkeys :troll:
Giving away a monkey tshirt on the FIRST DAY of black history month isn't insulting or insensitive in the slightest :troll:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
The very fact @jwonder is dismissing Boogie on "I bet they" guesstimates to call someone a hypocrite shows how stupid he is.
We don't agree. Now get off my dikk lame ass NYer.

Wear BAPE(Bathing Ape) clothing than get upset about about the animal in the same family in a cultural setting brehs.. Smh

Instead of ignorantly worrying about a t shirt. NBA players need to fix the hood they left by starting businesses if they want to make a statement

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps

You know what, I have to apologize because I had a mental lapse. I forgot we're talking about professional athletes :mjlol: for a moment. My expectations of them using common sense was grossly out of line. Smart-Dumb nikkaz at it's finest.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
We don't agree. Now get off my dikk lame ass NYer.

Wear BAPE(Bathing Ape) clothing than get upset about about the animal in the same family in a cultural setting brehs.. Smh
We don't agree yet "you somehow know" he says niqqa and with that guess work of yours, it disqualifies him from carrying his feelings on this. :laff:

You "correct way to display righteousness for dummies" ass niqqas are corny fukk boys that are impediments to the so called progress you clamour for.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I tried watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom last night, but when they started eating chilled monkey brains, I got offended. Shout out to Demarcus Cousins.
This mocking thing you're doing is corny as fukk. Boogs was working with what applies to who he works for. Now you're attaching any and every random reference to monkeys to prove some shyt point you're attempting to make.

:laff:

Why are white folks so corny when it comes to the subject of what someone can dislike?

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This mocking thing you're doing is corny as fukk. Boogs was working with what applies to who he works for. Now you're attaching any and every random reference to monkeys to prove some shyt point you're attempting to make.

:laff:

Why are white folks so corny when it comes to the subject of what someone can dislike?

Number one, I'm not white. Number two, how does Boogs speak on behalf of everybody? It's hilarious to me how anyone can correlate the Year of the Monkey to Black History Month. It's a classic and textbook example of just looking for potential things to find offense over.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Just in general. It's a move that's good, but it makes us look like a bunch of mentally weak cry babies. It's a stereotype that was created hundreds of years ago and it's still affecting us now, but when will the day come when we are strong enough that it doesn't bother us?

I know i'm not a monkey so it doesn't bother me at all. Every time something like this happens, the people that created this negative stereotype win because they got the job done.

If other races can take any little thing that's even PERCEIVED to MAYBE be disrespectful and put it on blast, we should do the same.

When its clear no one cares about us, it's gotta be us over everybody.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Number one, I'm not white. Number two, how does Boogs speak on behalf of everybody? It's hilarious to me how anyone can correlate the Year of the Monkey to Black History Month. It's a classic and textbook example of just looking for potential things to find offense over.
Who cares if you're not white? You certainly are taking on their thinking with this new age thought process of overlooking any and everything. Doesn't change the fact that you just put on a corny false equivalence display of grabbing for any monkey reference and applying it here. :heh:

I agree that this was a reach by Boogie. I'm just glad an athlete has that level of concern.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
the right answer is, a player thought something his employer was doing was offensive to him and a group of people, they realized "well, if he believes that, then its worth changing"

and they did

theres not even an argument to be had

Well the right answer for him may come back around to sting him when he wants to continue his career in China some day. Because a growing number of NBA stars seem to be continuing a game they love overseas.

I'm glad he wants to exercise his power, and agree that if it's not making him happy he should do something about it. That said, it may affect his career down the road at the same time and for that reason there is an element of risk involved.