• Poll closed .

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
yea. thats the thing.

people want me to do something, and sure i can understand. if i was on epmd's side, i would be pissed too. but at the same time, whos to say that all these votes are favors when theres mad people in here saying they wouldve voted bone without being tagged. then theres people who were tagged that voted epmd instead or stayed out of the voting altogether. my daps from this thread went up like crazy too. and lets not act like dudes werent tagging in the other thread.

also, people complain about the one-sided votes in bone's favor from people who dont mess with epmd, but thats how epmd got a ton of their votes to begin with. i mean, look at some of the comments in this thread, as well as faulty arguments or lack thereof from the epmd voters. all we basically got for an explanation was a bunch of new york rappers sampling them. the '90s east coast centric crowd got a taste of their own medicine AS PREDICTED by even the epmd voters. yall knew yall were on borrowed time regardless.

i did a good job at avoiding happenings like this, with the way i had the brackets matched up but we're at the point now where its just 7 groups left and its un-avoidable.

but this is no dictatorship. i want to let others weigh in on this.:popcorn:
We don't have access to who voted. The voting isn't public. Amongst the people tagged, who voted for EPMD?
and :comeon:at trying to equate me tagging like 5 people in the Mobb thread and "asking" them who they were voting for, to what @observe and company did in this thread. I tagged people not really knowing how they would come down and acknowledged that it could backfire (as it did).

None of the EPMD voters had an issue with anyone picking Bone - it was the posters trying to claim EPMD was a local group - or nobodies - or the people who flat out had never heard of them :mjlol:
And I personally listed numerous classic singles and their legendary four album run in support of my vote...how is that "faulty logic"?? :comeon:

And finally - I was wrong to think it would be a Bone landslide - I'll bet EPMD would have won this poll if the voting process hadn't been corrupted. I guess we'll never really know though :yeshrug:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
If you wanna talk about setting a foundation for trap... shyt... "Pocket Full of Stones" by UGK. Sounded nothing like anything out at the time, distinct 808 beat, drug talk, Bun's flow... at least a few years ahead of its time.

sounds nothing like toomp, shawty redd, lex luger, zaytoven, etc

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
this has certainly been the most drama filled thread lol

dont bust that nut just yet.

its gonna get crazier.

And it's not that nikkas don't know their shyt cause they voted for Bone... they don't know their shyt cause they say shyt like "who the fukk is EPMD" like them not knowing means EPMD are unknowns.

on the flipside, alot of the epmd voters had a very nonchalant attitude towards bone thugs. all the way own to the basics.

not to mention the bias in favor of epmd in the previous round over the older furious five.

and i doubt that the people saying "who is epmd?" really dont know who they are.

:dwillhuh:I thought you were born in 1985????

He's right - it got jumbled with both of us doing multi-quotes.
So I looked it up - and apparently King Tee sampled More Bounce in 1987. The West did it first! :noah:I'm not familiar with the song though - so maybe the sample wasn't readily identifiable. Also - the song was released on Mack Daddy records - so it may have just been a local thing. It was on Act A Fool though the following year. Produced by DJ Pooh and Bobcatt.
And Kurtis Blow sampled Seven Minutes in 86 on a song with Bob Dylan :dahell:"Street Rock". Never heard of tt

yep. early in the game. altho, i think i was introduced via those mid-80s artists around '88 when most of them were :flabbynsick: but it felt like real-time. and i definitely remember epmd's 1st album run in semi real-time. that "you gots to chill" video.]

im not saying that you were one of the people that put up a half-ass argument breh. but most epmd voters did.......altho you did say some questionable stuff. bone not about lyrics?

thanks for the confirmation on that multi-quote mix-up.

but dog, you just uncovered a long-standing myth in hip-hop with that king tee track.:gladbron:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
if epmd loses, i'll say that we throw them into another matchup as a wildcard.

what yall think?

public enemy vs a tribe called quest
nwa vs wutang clan

if this goes down, i'd suggest PE/Tribe

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

what yall think?

nwa vs wutang clan

Those two are gonna be a war.

The NWA/Wu will be a war because everybody who votes for Wu will be accused of being NYers biased against Cali, and everybody who votes for NWA will be crucified for not voting for the more "90s" group (cause you know, rap didn't start until '93 nshyt).

PE/Tribe will be less of a war, but it'll be close. Possibly a dead heat.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

what yall think?

nwa vs wutang clan

I agree on putting them in as a wildcard against PE and Tribe.
Also - please make the voting public for the next matchups in case there are further shenanigans.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Those two are gonna be a war.

The NWA/Wu will be a war because everybody who votes for Wu will be accused of being NYers biased against Cali, and everybody who votes for NWA will be crucified for not voting for the more "90s" group (cause you know, rap didn't start until '93 nshyt).

PE/Tribe will be less of a war, but it'll be close. Possibly a dead heat.
Trolls will stay out of the PE Tribe thread.
Anti NY trolls are gonna have a field day in the NWA/Wu thread :merchant:(not that picking NWA over Wu isn't a reasonable choice) :manny:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
yea. thats the thing.

people want me to do something, and sure i can understand. if i was on epmd's side, i would be pissed too. but at the same time, whos to say that all these votes are favors when theres mad people in here saying they wouldve voted bone without being tagged. then theres people who were tagged that voted epmd instead or stayed out of the voting altogether. my daps from this thread went up like crazy too. and lets not act like dudes werent tagging in the other thread.

also, people complain about the one-sided votes in bone's favor from people who dont mess with epmd, but thats how epmd got a ton of their votes to begin with. i mean, look at some of the comments in this thread, as well as faulty arguments or lack thereof from the epmd voters. all we basically got for an explanation was a bunch of new york rappers sampling them. the '90s east coast centric crowd got a taste of their own medicine AS PREDICTED by even the epmd voters. yall knew yall were on borrowed time regardless.

i did a good job at avoiding happenings like this, with the way i had the brackets matched up but we're at the point now where its just 7 groups left and its un-avoidable.

but this is no dictatorship. i want to let others weigh in on this.:popcorn:

Real Talk.

And a large part of Hiphop history is swayed by the New York audience. We all know NYC is the mecca so when things happen there, they always seem much bigger, but BTNH was a much more world wide accepted and appreciated group. They weren't just for an NY audience, they were for everyone.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:what:

dj yella did the "foe tha luv of $" beat. not dj u-neek breh. and that was a beat that yella had previously used for another ruthless group prior to bone signing there.

and this beat you posted is just a standard run-of-the-mill beat for its time. sounds like alot of other stuff that was already out there. nothing like trap either.

thats crime boss breh, Ball and G was my example for trap beats

1991 Ball and G breh, you cant say this isnt trap :comeon::mjpls::whew:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

what yall think?

nwa vs wutang clan

WACKY D IS FOR THE PEOPLE.

:blessed:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:what: where do you think those cats got the 808s and high hats from

:comeon:

the 1980s. thats where.

thats crime boss breh, Ball and G was my example for trap beats
1991 Ball and G breh, you cant say this isnt trap :comeon::mjpls::whew:

none of this stuff sounds like trap.

one of these joints sounds like something a young ll cool j would rap over. MATTER FACT, it samples some of "jack the ripper".

cmon son.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:comeon:

the 1980s. thats where.

none of this stuff sounds like trap.

one of these joints sounds like something a young ll cool j would rap over. MATTER FACT, it samples some of "jack the ripper".

cmon son.
:snoop: Trap beats didn't all of sudden appear, elements of it existed back then. That intro I posted could pass as a trap beats now.