Votes: 83 56.5%
  • EPMD

Votes: 64 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
thought so, that's a low quality posting warning for trolling comments with no evidence

:mjlol: @ paying to be a mod

yea. paid to be a mod. youre a supporter, and youre suddenly a mod. aint nothing wrong with that, but we know the deal.

and you thought nothing. im not answering your question simply because i dont f*ck with your type. i dont even know why youre in here. let somebody else ask this question and we can go back-n-forth on it. you know i back up all my claims.

the funny thing is, the main person that brought that claim to light is an EPMD voter in this thread. so fallback.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
ATTENTION: LOOK AT THIS FAKKIT ASS @SOUL CONTROLLER YALL. look at this PM that he sent me below(the non-bolded stuff). now watch him try to get me banned or some dumb chit when i never did anything wrong. all this low-quality posting going on here, and im the one that gets a PM saying this? im one of the better posters here. why dont you do your "job" and actually enforce these rules when youre supposed to. half of the 1st page of the booth would look different if you did. but instead, youre just concerned with grudges from SOHH. now youre a mod on the coli.

look at him resort to his typical "white man" tactics. just like a racist ass cop. instead hes patrolling a f*ckin message board. i dont bother anybody on here. yall saw how he tried to pick a fight with me out of nowhere, and now hes trying to pull this chit because im not giving him the time of day.

the funny thing is, YOURE guilty of these claims. youre the same clown on sohh that tried to say that all bone raps about are blunts n b*tches. when thats far from the truth. and they never even rap about b*tches. but i bet ya dumb ass still voted for epmd in this thread. so send yourself this same memo after you finish dusting yourself off. weirdo.

Wacky D,

Your message (Bone Thugs vs. EPMD) is below the required quality level. Please put forth more effort and/or original thoughts when creating posts on our site. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

Please review the following links to make sure you are aware of our site rules.

Terms and Rules

Forum Rules

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
ATTENTION: LOOK AT THIS FAKKIT ASS @SOUL CONTROLLER YALL. look at this PM that he sent me below(the non-bolded stuff). now watch him try to get me banned or some dumb chit when i never did anything wrong. all this low-quality posting going on here, and im the one that gets a PM saying this? im one of the better posters here. why dont you do your "job" and actually enforce these rules when youre supposed to. half of the 1st page would look different if you did.

look at him resort to his typical white man tactics. just like a racist ass cop. instead hes patrolling a f*ckin message board. i dont bother anybody on here. yall saw how he tried to pick a fight with me out of nowhere, and now hes trying to pull this chit because im not giving him the time of day.

the funny thing is, YOURE guilty of these claims. youre the same clown on sohh that tried to say that all bone raps about are blunts n b*tches. when thats far from the truth. and they never even rap about b*tches. but i bet ya dumb ass still voted for epmd in this thread. so send yourself this same memo after you finish dusting yourself off. weirdo.

Wacky D,

Your message (Bone Thugs vs. EPMD) is below the required quality level. Please put forth more effort and/or original thoughts when creating posts on our site. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

Terms and Rules

Forum Rules

1063153.gif

Looks like appropriate measures. I woulda taxed your weird ass a loooooong time ago for the bullsh!t you post. LOL at you being "one of the better posters here". Stop your bloodclot crying, b!tch.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
man f*ck this thread. we in here now.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/soul...-try-to-get-me-banned-for-nothin-yall.250270/

and yo, anybody that claims to be cool w/ me but sits back and watches them railroad me. yall can kick rocks too, cuz i wouldnt let this chit go down if the shoe was on the other foot.

dude thru me 2 warnings already. trying to jam me up. they prolly have some 3-warning policy or some bullchit. meanwhile, theres some kid saying chief keef is the goat with no repercussions.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
this that chit i dont like. LOOK AT THIS DUDE YALL.

another clown carrying a grudge from sohh, who paid money to become a mod on the coli. now you wanna move threads for no reason.

dont talk to me and dont think this comment isnt filed & saved either. it might even go in my sig.:camby:

:usure:

wacky didnt downplay a dam thing. youre just going out of your way to taste my top as usual.

I GAVE THEM A 3 SEED FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. how is it even possible for me to attempt to downplay them after that?:why:

the fact that you think bone wasnt about lyrics, goes to show that theres a clear bias here.......and reading thru what i missed last night, it seems like yall are getting a taste of your own medicine.

sermond didnt lay down no blueprint for g-funk. he just-so-happened to str8 loop a zapp record amongst of a bunch of other records that they sampled on their albums. if it was a duo from detroit or alabama or somewhere that did what they did, nobody would be crowning them as laying down the blueprint for g-funk.

i dont know if they were the first, but the furious five sampled that record for a much more legendary song. yet, bone voters are the ones being accused of not knowing their history because they voted against epmd?:whistle: btw, didnt epmd knock furious five out of the previous round?:whistle:

you know darn well im not basing it on just a max b song.:comeon:

Your google game is being exposed. Furious 5 Replayed the 7 minutes of funk break not More Bounce To The Ounce. But since you're unfamiliar with literally EVERY song in question, you still fail to realize that superrappin doesn't lift the baseline of the whole darn family the way EPMD did on It's my thing, it literally has sugar hill records session players replay it with guitars. Two entirely different things. Also, Tha Alkaholiks pre date Ain't No nikka too.

You're claiming this

was sampled by the Furious 5 on this

when you meant to say this

but fail to realize that the furious 5 record being an interpolation had ZERO effect on the songs that came out post this

such as this

or more famously, this

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Your google game is being exposed. Furious 5 Replayed the 7 minutes of funk break not More Bounce To The Ounce.

i didnt google chit. "super rappin" is prolly my dad's favorite rap song.

and clearly, i wasnt talking about "more bounce to the ounce". i was talking about the beat that jay & foxy rapped over. you and @DANJ! just assumed thats what i was talking about.

i referenced the zapp track in a SEPERATE comment. the furious five comment was directed at @mobbinfms.

see this is what happens when you jump in into other people's conversations without knowing whats going on. you posted all those links for nothing.

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
All's fair in love and war

The art of war won.. Bone's album and the tactics I used ..
Yeah - but its a win that no EPMD fan is gonna give any credence too :yeshrug:
:childplease:

my gateway to rap was run dmc, fat boys, ll cool j, beastie boys, whodini & them.:whistle: epmd wasnt even in the mix with that regime, let alone bone thugs.
:dwillhuh:I thought you were born in 1985????
ATTENTION: LOOK AT THIS FAKKIT ASS @SOUL CONTROLLER YALL. look at this PM that he sent me below(the non-bolded stuff). now watch him try to get me banned or some dumb chit when i never did anything wrong. all this low-quality posting going on here, and im the one that gets a PM saying this? im one of the better posters here. why dont you do your "job" and actually enforce these rules when youre supposed to. half of the 1st page of the booth would look different if you did. but instead, youre just concerned with grudges from SOHH. now youre a mod on the coli.

look at him resort to his typical "white man" tactics. just like a racist ass cop. instead hes patrolling a f*ckin message board. i dont bother anybody on here. yall saw how he tried to pick a fight with me out of nowhere, and now hes trying to pull this chit because im not giving him the time of day.

Wacky D,

Terms and Rules

Forum Rules
:lupe:
This Coli shyt can get :demonic:real quick.
Your google game is being exposed. Furious 5 Replayed the 7 minutes of funk break not More Bounce To The Ounce. But since you're unfamiliar with literally EVERY song in question, you still fail to realize that superrappin doesn't lift the baseline of the whole darn family the way EPMD did on It's my thing, it literally has sugar hill records session players replay it with guitars. Two entirely different things. Also, Tha Alkaholiks pre date Ain't No nikka too.

You're claiming this

was sampled by the Furious 5 on this

when you meant to say this

but fail to realize that the furious 5 record being an interpolation had ZERO effect on the songs that came out post this

such as this

or more famously, this

and clearly, i wasnt talking about "more bounce to the ounce". i was talking about the beat that jay & foxy rapped over. you and @DANJ! just assumed thats what i was talking about.

i referenced the zapp track in a SEPERATE comment. the furious five comment was directed at @mobbinfms.

see this is what happens when you jump in into other people's conversations without knowing whats going on.
He's right - it got jumbled with both of us doing multi-quotes.
So I looked it up - and apparently King Tee sampled More Bounce in 1987. The West did it first! :noah:I'm not familiar with the song though - so maybe the sample wasn't readily identifiable. Also - the song was released on Mack Daddy records - so it may have just been a local thing. It was on Act A Fool though the following year. Produced by DJ Pooh and Bobcatt.
And Kurtis Blow sampled Seven Minutes in 86 on a song with Bob Dylan :dahell:"Street Rock". Never heard of that song...

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
man f*ck this thread. we in here now.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/soul...-try-to-get-me-banned-for-nothin-yall.250270/

and yo, anybody that claims to be cool w/ me but sits back and watches them railroad me. yall can kick rocks too, cuz i wouldnt let this chit go down if the shoe was on the other foot.

dude thru me 2 warnings already. trying to jam me up. they prolly have some 3-warning policy or some bullchit. meanwhile, theres some kid saying chief keef is the goat with no repercussions.
What do you want us to do breh?

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
@fun

see this is what happens when you jump in into other people's conversations without knowing whats going on.
Yeah - but its a win that no EPMD fan is gonna give any credence too :yeshrug:

:dwillhuh:I thought you were born in 1985????

:lupe:
This Coli shyt can get :demonic:real quick.

He's right - it got jumbled with both of us doing multi-quotes.
So I looked it up - and apparently King Tee sampled More Bounce in 1987. The West did it first! :noah:I'm not familiar with the song though - so maybe the sample wasn't readily identifiable. Also - the song was released on Mack Daddy records - so it may have just been a local thing. It was on Act A Fool though the following year. Produced by DJ Pooh and Bobcatt.
And Kurtis Blow sampled Seven Minutes in 86 on a song with Bob Dylan :dahell:"Street Rock". Never heard of that song...

You Gots ta Chill in 1988. king tee's album dropped in '88 and 'Bass' was his lead single.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Who are you referring to when you say they were your Wu-Tang? The Clan and Bone came out in basically the same time period.

Basically my entire immediate peer group...I'm a 30 year old black dude form STL, and wu-mania pretty much completely skipped us for whatever reason...during the prime/peak of wu's run, Bone was by far the most popular and impactful group in hip hop to us