Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
The problem with Simmons is his desire to actually improve his craft. If his price tag was half of the current price I’d consider but when you combine the lost in Young assets plus the financial cost. Hell No.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The problem with Simmons is his desire to actually improve his craft. If his price tag was half of the current price I’d consider but when you combine the lost in Young assets plus the financial cost. Hell No.

I think Philly is just a toxic place to play. I’m willing to bet Simmons have a similar “return to form” like Fulkz had once he left Philly. I think the upside is worth it with Ben.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
@AVXL that baby must got you sleep deprived breh :picard:

Yea but we good tho :mjlol:

But lemme play devils advocate, why wouldn’t you want an All NBA defender and All Star on this team? We already know we’re not keeping everyone and we have the talent & assets to pull off the trade. Why not pull the trigger?

What if it’s a coaching/organizational issue and we don’t know the full story? What if Schlenk and Nate can get through to him? Then what? :lupe:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

But lemme play devils advocate, why wouldn’t you want an All NBA defender and All Star on this team? We already know we’re not keeping everyone and we have the talent & assets to pull off the trade. Why not pull the trigger?

No, we don't know that. I'm willing to bet we keep at least 2 of the 3 wings into their second deal.

Ben isn't worth any combo of the 3, ESPECIALLY not Dre AND Cam.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

What if it’s a coaching/organizational issue and we don’t know the full story? What if Schlenk and Nate can get through to him? Then what? :lupe:
So u wanna give up 2 great defenders for a defender who is trash on offense. Makes it make sense, when we locked up our starting 4 and 5 for the next 3 years:mindblown:

I don't get it. You saw how trash he was in the playoffs, but it's like you don't want to believe your eyes because u heard him being called a star all these years:dahell:

Same shyt sixers fans been telling themselves for years, "maybe he'll turn it around one day"

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
No, we don't know that. I'm willing to bet we keep at least 2 of the 3 wings into their second deal.

Ben isn't worth any combo of the 3, ESPECIALLY not Dre AND Cam.

We’re not keeping Cam, Dre & Kev. Not with us just drafting JJ who could also replace Cam or Dre by next season. So one if not two of them will go at some point in the next 24 months…I’m comfortable letting it play out but the Hawks should always be ready to pounce IF the right deal is out there. If you have a chance to bring in All NBA talent you owe it to yourself to at least vet the opportunity. Hawks at a minimum should do that

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
We’re not keeping Cam, Dre & Kev. Not with us just drafting JJ who could also replace Cam or Dre by next season. So one if not two of them will go at some point in the next 24 months…I’m comfortable letting it play out but the Hawks should always be ready to pounce IF the right deal is out there. If you have a chance to bring in All NBA talent you owe it to yourself to at least vet the opportunity. Hawks at a minimum should do that
Agree with the bolded.

Two of Cam/Dre/Kev is in no way, shape, or form the right deal for Ben.

What's crazy is I threw out the idea of trading the two lottery picks that became Cam and Dre for Bradley Beal before that draft and you trashed me for it since we would still need to pay him :pachaha:
Now that they have gotten in the league and showed some real potential you wanna trade them BOTH for a maxed out Ben Simmons :why:

I'd offer Kev, Gallo, and 2 1sts and call it a day. Any discussion of anybody else would have to include Thybulle coming back at the least, if not one of Milton/Maxey too.

The last thing we need to do is do a deal just to do it. I'm willing to bet that letting somebody walk in RFA and letting the goodwill he's built around the league lead to a sign & trade/TPE to flip into his next set of complimentary pieces is Schlenk's "Plan C" at the absolute worst.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Agree with the bolded.

What's crazy is I threw out the idea of trading the two lottery picks that became Cam and Dre for Bradley Beal before that draft and you trashed me for it since we would still need to pay him :pachaha:
Now that they have gotten in the league and showed some real potential you wanna trade them BOTH for a maxed out Ben Simmons :why:

I'd offer Kev, Gallo, and 2 1sts and call it a day. Any discussion of anybody else would have to include Thybulle coming back at the least, if not one of Milton/Maxey too.

The last thing we need to do is do a deal just to do it. I'm willing to bet that letting somebody walk in RFA and letting the goodwill he's built around the league lead to a sign & trade/TPE to flip into his next set of complimentary pieces is Schlenk's "Plan C" at the absolute worst.

My bad :pachaha:

There’s a lot of different things to consider to make the deal work (talent, compensation, contract value) to do the deal. Gallo with his contract could be part of the deal, Kev’s new deal (if/when that gets signed) makes him interesting

Cam & Dre have shown enough to warrant mention but there’s a chance that neither of them at their peak is as good as Simmons at his floor. We’ve seen Simmons at his floor @Sly Cookin and b/c of that we could get him at a cheaper rate, slot him in at the 3 and roll with this lineup

Trae
Bogi
Ben
JC
Cap

That’s a championship level starting 5 right there…I’d be ready to roll the dice on that

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Agree with the bolded.

nikkas have no patience b. That said, Atlanta isn't trading for Ben Simmons

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You’re not biased at all :mjlol:

@#1 pick we can have patience and still explore trades for elite level talent

This roster is still an elite level piece away from winning a title
Simmons ain't an elite piece. He's not even close. His game is built for the regular season.

What part of his game works outside of defense in the playoffs?

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My bad :pachaha:

There’s a lot of different things to consider to make the deal work (talent, compensation, contract value) to do the deal. Gallo with his contract could be part of the deal, Kev’s new deal (if/when that gets signed) makes him interesting

Cam & Dre have shown enough to warrant mention but there’s a chance that neither of them at their peak is as good as Simmons at his floor. We’ve seen Simmons at his floor @Sly Cookin and b/c of that we could get him at a cheaper rate, slot him in at the 3 and roll with this lineup

Trae
Bogi
Ben
JC
Cap

That’s a championship level starting 5 right there…I’d be ready to roll the dice on that
Simmons is at his peak. That's what u ignoring. He has the 20th highest contract in the league for nowhere near that kind of production.

Hunter as is, is a way better fit for our lineup at SF. Hunter in his 2nd season averages more points and is just as good a defender.

This team made the ECF and we weren't even full strength. Ben Simmons ruined his teams chance at a ECF run. Now you wanna make him our problem.

You're usually level headed but this is probably the dumbest shyt I ever seen you post in a hawks thread. I'm almost ready to say your account got hacked:picard:

Last edited:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
You're usually level headed but this is probably the dumbest shyt I ever seen you post in a hawks thread. I'm almost ready to say your account got hacked:picard:

The baby got him delirious :dead:
All the homies is out living life :ahh:
Wifey working his nerves :usure:
Falcons lookin like bums :sadcam:

My guy just needed his coli brehs to fukk wit him one time :manny:

@AVXL you ain't gotta make WOAT trade proposals to kick it my nikka :mjgrin: