Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Simmons ain't an elite piece. He's not even close. His game is built for the regular season.

What part of his game works outside of defense in the playoffs?

Passing, but you’re ignoring defense like it’s some insignificant factor. You’d be adding an elite defender to a team that improved defensively last season. That’s significant

Simmons is at his peak. That's what u ignoring. He has the 20th highest contract in the league for nowhere near that kind of production.

Hunter as is, is a way better fit for our lineup at SF. Hunter in his 2nd season averages more points and is just as good a defender.

This team made the ECF and we weren't even full strength. Ben Simmons ruined his teams chance at a ECF run. Now you wanna make him our problem.

You're usually level headed but this is probably the dumbest shyt I ever seen you post in a hawks thread. I'm almost ready to say your account got hacked:picard:

Suggesting a trade for an All NBA player is dumb now? :dwillhuh:

Any trade comes with risk but they also come with the potential of tremendous upside. I’m laughing that y’all are this upset by the suggestion of trading Cam or Dre, who both don’t necessarily need to get traded to make this trade work. If this is a Kev, Gallo, Dre trade are y’all more on board?

The baby got him delirious :dead:
All the homies is out living life :ahh:
Wifey working his nerves :usure:
Falcons lookin like bums :sadcam:

My guy just needed his coli brehs to fukk wit him one time :manny:

@AVXL you ain't gotta make WOAT trade proposals to kick it my nikka :mjgrin:

Nah we on an island rn with the fam kickin it my nig. I just saw the CBS Sports alert about trade destinations and thought I’d kick it to y’all to het your opinions. Clearly y’all hate the idea :mjlol:

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Passing, but you’re ignoring defense like it’s some insignificant factor. You’d be adding an elite defender to a team that improved defensively last season. That’s significant

Any trade comes with risk but they also come with the potential of tremendous upside. I’m laughing that y’all are this upset by the suggestion of trading Cam or Dre, who both don’t necessarily need to get traded to make this trade work. If this is a Kev, Gallo, Dre trade are y’all more on board?

Nah we on an island rn with the fam kickin it my nig. I just saw the CBS Sports alert about trade destinations and thought I’d kick it to y’all to het your opinions. Clearly y’all hate the idea :mjlol:
You throwing the word "all nba" around. Did you see him play at that level at any moment in our series?

You want to take on that 40mill per burden? I wouldn't trade for him if he costed 18 million. Again you are in love with the idea of what he supposed to be, not what you actually see him do.

No way I trade 2way players for a defender who puts in a position where we are playing 5 on 4. That's how you get fired as a gm. This is excluding the toxicity he brings to a locker room with great chemistry.

Sit on those assets and pounce on a guy like Zion in a yr or 2, who seems to be getting annoyed with how the pelicans running things

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

Cam has top-tier defensive talent and he's currently developing. Hunter is good defender who could be special and they are like 22 and 23. Bro, no one is saying Simmons ain't good but in the playoffs, he would be our 4th or 5th best player. Hunter might be better as playoff player. In the regular season, he's nasty, no doubt, not far from Trae but my nikka is just way too flawed in the half-court. We can't cover for that, especially with Capela who got just as much range as Simmons. Bro, we only got room for one non-shooter.

nikkas and their lack of patience. nikkas expect this shyt to be like baseball where there is a minor league.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You throwing the word "all nba" around. Did you see him play at that level at any moment in our series?

You want to take on that 40mill per burden? I wouldn't trade for him if he costed 18 million. Again you are in love with the idea of what he supposed to be, not what you actually see him do.

No way I trade 2way players for a defender who puts in a position where we are playing 5 on 4. That's how you get fired as a gm. This is excluding the toxicity he brings to a locker room with great chemistry.

Sit on those assets and pounce on a guy like Zion in a yr or 2, who seems to be getting annoyed with how the pelicans running things
Zion is a player I'll consider. Simmons is way too flawed to be that damn expensive.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

I don’t disagree with you breh, but I do think a change of scenery and a different collection of voices/leaders would help get him in line. Listen he wouldn’t come here as the best player or even the franchise guy, he’d be a talented piece fitting in with Trae, JC & Cap. Your position on a roster matters when you consider how a player is viewed and how productive they are in that environment.

And as far as the money…Hawks ended last season as the 21st largest payroll out of 30 teams. That number has gone up with JC, Trae and Cap extensions but championship level teams typically have a payroll near the top third in the league. That matters when we’re trying to make a move for an elite player who might have a larger cap number. I’d be ok taking on a bigger contract that helps us absorb bigger contracts down the road

Cam has top-tier defensive talent and he's currently developing. Hunter is good defender who could be special and they are like 22 and 23. Bro, no one is saying Simmons ain't good but in the playoffs, he would be our 4th or 5th best player. Hunter might be better as playoff player. In the regular season, he's nasty, no doubt, not far from Trae but my nikka is just way too flawed in the half-court. We can't cover for that, especially with Capela who got just as much range as Simmons. Bro, we only got room for one non-shooter.

nikkas and their lack of patience. nikkas expect this shyt to be like baseball where there is a minor league.

So there’s no scenario where you’d want Ben? :patrice:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don’t disagree with you breh, but I do think a change of scenery and a different collection of voices/leaders would help get him in line. Listen he wouldn’t come here as the best player or even the franchise guy, he’d be a talented piece fitting in with Trae, JC & Cap. Your position on a roster matters when you consider how a player is viewed and how productive they are in that environment.

And as far as the money…Hawks ended last season as the 21st largest payroll out of 30 teams. That number has gone up with JC, Trae and Cap extensions but championship level teams typically have a payroll near the top third in the league. That matters when we’re trying to make a move for an elite player who might have a larger cap number. I’d be ok taking on a bigger contract that helps us absorb bigger contracts down the road

Not for us. His contract ended that before it began.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
That's it, u been hacked. This ain't the NFL, contracts don't work like that:mjlol:

You do realize that NBA teams can include cash in a transaction as a salary reimbursement for a player they’re trading away correct?

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You do realize that NBA teams can include cash in a transaction as a salary reimbursement for a player they’re trading away correct?
Cash considerations are limited to 5.9 million per season and they are typically done to purchase draft picks. So no, u can't do it to pay a portion of salary

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Cash considerations are limited to 5.9 million per season and they are typically done to purchase draft picks. So no, u can't do it to pay a portion of salary

“Typically” isn’t a hard fast rule. Here’s the actual rule from the CBA. Look at the bolder

Instead of trading a player for another player or a draft pick, teams can also include cash in the transaction (including as salary reimbursement for a player they’re trading away). The aggregate amount of cash teams can pay or receive is limited in each salary cap year.

So yes it is possible. Is it likely? Probably not but if the Hawks wanted to explore their options to make a move they could do it

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
“Typically” isn’t a hard fast rule. Here’s the actual rule from the CBA. Look at the bolder

So yes it is possible. Is it likely? Probably not but if the Hawks wanted to explore their options to make a move they could do it
Okay let's entertain the possibility. 5.9 is the maximum in cash considerations for a season. Let's assume they give that to us for his remaining 150 million over 4 years. Does that even put a dent in his contract? :mjgrin:

U grasping at straws like "maybe they'll pay a portion of his salary"....:comeon:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

You cool with paying a "piece" 35 million a year?