Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Why did Hill and Snell especially avg that amount of time?

Because Hunter and Reddish were both out a good portion of the season. Hunter is gonna command 25-35 min and most seem to be expecting Reddish to eventually get around the same minutes given his growth. Still have to account for Huerter who was a primary ball handler a good portion of last season. He’ll now be mostly off the ball with Wright in the fold now.

You can try to hold a guy like Jalen in the G league but he’s already got NBA size and game so I really don’t see us not playing him. He’s too dynamic not to see the floor early this year IMO.

Hawks got a lot going on. It’s an embarrassment of riches but at the end of the day, you can only play 5 at a time and you can only pay so many fair market value. OKC is similar and they never put it all together to win a ring. I believe we can actually win one if we make the right moves along with developing the great talent we have.

you making my point bro. If Cam and Dre are healthy, they're playing the minutes that were played by the end of the bench last year. Even if Cam and Dre both explode, they're still not averaging more than 30-32 mpg. And I believe we'll still run that Kev/Bogi backcourt for some good time, with Wright taking Lou's minutes and Lou getting spot duty. There will be enough time on the court for everybody, I promise. Shots on the other hand.... :pachaha:

We keep hearing "you can't keep them all", but how many teams have really been worth trying to keep? OKC could've kept everybody if they went into the tax or just stretched Perkins(I think), they just made some bad moves and lost their drafting mojo. Nobody else has had a fully drafted core(4+ players) worth resigning to near-max deals to fill your cap with.

Either way, #Set is set for years to come :banderas:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Ehhh if Atlanta feels like they won't be able to pay and keep Reddish long term then it makes sense to use him as a trade chip now instead of RFA Sign and Trade where you'd get less in return.

Depending on the team that signed him, they wouldn't necessarily need ATL's help in bringing him in as they could just sign him outright and not have to give up any assets via sign and trade.

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Ehhh if Atlanta feels like they won't be able to pay and keep Reddish long term then it makes sense to use him as a trade chip now instead of RFA Sign and Trade where you'd get less in return.

Depending on the team that signed him, they wouldn't necessarily need ATL's help in bringing him in as they could just sign him outright and not have to give up any assets via sign and trade.
I don’t have a problem trading Reddish even tho I’d prefer to keep him but I flat out don’t want shyt to do with Simmons. Dude doesn’t care about basketball like that and I don’t want that mental midget anywhere near my team.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don’t have a problem trading Reddish even tho I’d prefer to keep him but I flat out don’t want shyt to do with Simmons. Dude doesn’t care about basketball like that and I don’t want that mental midget anywhere near my team.

I don't believe that rumor and source mainly because ATL already has an offensive and free throw shooter liability on the floor in Capela to add another player on the floor with essentially the same issues even if the defensive pairing would be :damn:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
9 of first 14 games on the road w 3 B2Bs...

Mavs - Home
Cavs - Away
Pistons - Home
Pelicans - Away
Wizards - Away
76ers - Away
Wizards - Home
Nets - Away
Jazz - Home
Suns - Away
Warriors - Away
Jazz - Away
Nuggets - Away
Bucks - Home

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Why did Hill and Snell especially avg that amount of time?

Because Hunter and Reddish were both out a good portion of the season. Hunter is gonna command 25-35 min and most seem to be expecting Reddish to eventually get around the same minutes given his growth. Still have to account for Huerter who was a primary ball handler a good portion of last season. He’ll now be mostly off the ball with Wright in the fold now.

You can try to hold a guy like Jalen in the G league but he’s already got NBA size and game so I really don’t see us not playing him. He’s too dynamic not to see the floor early this year IMO.

Hawks got a lot going on. It’s an embarrassment of riches but at the end of the day, you can only play 5 at a time and you can only pay so many fair market value. OKC is similar and they never put it all together to win a ring. I believe we can actually win one if we make the right moves along with developing the great talent we have.

Its a good argument but as has already been mentioned the Hawks are deep enough and well coached enough where we don’t have to seriously consider making a move for a “superstar”. I’m not worried about minutes either, guys will earn their minutes if you get on the court. I’d like to see what this roster is capable of healthy considering we were 2 wins from the Finals

PG: Trae/Delon/Sharife or Goodwin
SG: Bogi/Kevin/Lou
SF: DeAndre/Cam/Hill
PF: Collins/Gallo/JJ
C: Capela/Dieng/OO

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Its a good argument but as has already been mentioned the Hawks are deep enough and well coached enough where we don’t have to seriously consider making a move for a “superstar”. I’m not worried about minutes either, guys will earn their minutes if you get on the court. I’d like to see what this roster is capable of healthy considering we were 2 wins from the Finals

PG: Trae/Delon/Sharife or Goodwin
SG: Bogi/Kevin/Lou
SF: DeAndre/Cam/Hill
PF: Collins/Gallo/JJ
C: Capela/Dieng/OO

If they know that they're not going to pay a lot of the young guys in the roster in the next couple of years, they'd be better served moving them for a superstar now while their value is high. That's why I can believe the rumors of them looking to move Reddish even when other ATL fans downplayed it.

You're not getting the same value in return via sign and trade as the other team could have the cap space to sign said player outright.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
If they know that they're not going to pay a lot of the young guys in the roster in the next couple of years, they'd be better served moving them for a superstar now while their value is high. That's why I can believe the rumors of them looking to move Reddish even when other ATL fans downplayed it.

You're not getting the same value in return via sign and trade as the other team could have the cap space to sign said player outright.

Hawks aren’t in a rush to trade anyone, I keep telling you we’re gonna play it out and go from there

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I'm tired of this "we can't pay everybody" narrative so let's break this shyt down as if we were paying for this core 2-3 years from now, when we're not paying over $70 million to our rotational vets:

Trae is getting 40
John is getting 25
Let's say Dre gets the same deal Jaylen Brown got, that's 27
Let's say Cam gets the same deal Jerami Grant got, that's 20
Let's say Kev gets the same deal Duncan Robinson got, that's 18

That's $130m.

We still got OO and JJ on cheap rookie contracts that probably add up to like $10m.

so that's our top 7 locked up for about $140m.

We can fill the back half of our roster with draft picks and ring chasers for, say, $15m.

That's $155 million in total.

This season Milwaukee spent $156 this year and Utah spent $152.

Cap is only going up.

Owner already said he'll pay the tax for a winner.

now everybody quit with that bullshyt ass narrative :coffee:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm tired of this "we can't pay everybody" narrative so let's break this shyt down as if we were paying for this core 2-3 years from now, when we're not paying over $70 million to our rotational vets:

Trae is getting 40
John is getting 25
Let's say Dre gets the same deal Jaylen Brown got, that's 27
Let's say Cam gets the same deal Jerami Grant got, that's 20
Let's say Kev gets the same deal Duncan Robinson got, that's 18

That's $130m.

We still got OO and JJ on cheap rookie contracts that probably add up to like $10m.

so that's our top 7 locked up for about $140m.

We can fill the back half of our roster with draft picks and ring chasers for, say, $15m.

That's $155 million in total.

This season Milwaukee spent $156 this year and Utah spent $152.

Cap is only going up.

Owner already said he'll pay the tax for a winner.

now everybody quit with that bullshyt ass narrative :coffee:

Every contending owner says that they are willing to pay the tax for a winner until the bill actually comes in :laff:

You bring up Utah and how much their payroll is while also failing to mention that they made moves this offseason to reduce their payroll and considering moving some of their players to reduce the tax even more. A lot of people even felt like the luxury tax was the reason why Milwaukee didn't bring back PJ Tucker. Hell even GS trade traded Eric Paschall's $2 million dollar contract to the Jazz just to save $12 million dollars. Let an owner be looking at a huge luxury tax bill and watch how quickly their tune changes.

You also forgot to mention that OO will be extension eligible after year 3.

Last edited:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Every contending owner says that they are willing to pay the tax for a winner until the bill actually comes in :laff:

You bring up Utah and how much their payroll is while also failing to mention that they made moves this offseason to reduce their payroll and considering moving some of their players to reduce the tax even more.

Utah is reformatting their team because they know they're not winning shyt.

OO being extension eligible 2 years from now doesn't have shyt to do with him being on the team 2 years from now. He's on his deal through 2024.

You the same nikka who was talking about we need to trade John at the start of the season. It's obvious you don't know shyt when it comes to this team, breh.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

You bring up Utah and how much their payroll is while also failing to mention that they made moves this offseason to reduce their payroll and considering moving some of their players to reduce the tax even more. A lot of people even felt like the luxury tax was the reason why Milwaukee didn't bring back PJ Tucker. Hell even GS trade traded Eric Paschall's $2 million dollar contract to the Jazz just to save $12 million dollars. Let an owner be looking at a huge luxury tax bill and watch how quickly their tune changes.

Why are you here?:dahell: