Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
"Investments are the new status symbol. You could make the claim it’s been this way for a while now. There are more than 10,000 hedge funds in the world not because they all have outstanding performance but because wealthy people see them as a way to prove how wealthy and connected they are.

The difference now is there has never been a bigger market for promoters and investing is cool again...

Many investors will scoff at these stories and proclaim the end of this market cycle is near. And they have to be right eventually. At some point the good times will end, for a while at least.

But don’t expect this stuff to go away.

Ben’s rule number one of the unfortunate realities of the investment business is a talented sales staff will trump a talented investment staff when attracting capital from investors.

With the socialized nature of the world, the ability to promote has arguably never been more important.

It’s Robert Cialdini’s idea of social proof, which is our tendency to look to others to figure out the correct behavior."

Investments as a Status Symbol

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm conflicted, because while I have some buying power to cop more of what I like, I don't know where the bleeding stops.

Copped CPSH at $18 and now it's around $15 2 days later. I already loaded up on SFTW warrants and it's down to $2

:mjlol:

The ETFs in my kids custodial accounts are not doing shyt and haven't been doing shyt all year
:bryan:...:francis:

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Chips chips chips! They haven't fallen as much but shyt, if you're not holding some form of QCOM, TSM, AMD, NVDA (expensive but nice discount to ATH), TXN, MRVL, PSI, SMH or SOXX...get in!

Yup. That chip shortage means they have full pricing power due to demand>>>> supply.

Applied Materials is also a good semi play while not being a pure play.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I don't see the value here, acquiring a streaming service (which isn't a lucrative business model in general) whose market share is so small it gets lumped in "other". guess it's part of square's push to be hip/urban - cashapp, clothing line, tidal
To me, it’s optics. This makes Twitter and Square look like they’re “artist first”, especially if they do what I think they will (use squares payment platform to let fans donate to artists they like directly from the app).

It opens up new opportunities to increase market share with Jack’s money backing the project, and Jay Z at the helm can help bring other popular artists over for exclusive content. Just a thought