Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
What tools does he have left to use? They cut rates to almost nothing.
i dont have a full understanding but i believe the fed can start doing yield curve control, where they buy longer-term bonds to keep the yield curve from steepening like it is now. this is different than the quantitative easing that the fed is currently doing, because now they buy a fixed number of treasuries per month (without caring about the price). so yield curve control is kinda like giving the fed free reign to buy as much as it needs to in order to hit a fixed yield target.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The same as breh who wants Tsla to go down to $300 bucks. That would mean something is seriously wrong and the company might go belly up
or it just means its going down to what its actually worth :dead:

isnt it like the number 5 holding in s&p funds right now? theres nothing that justifies that :mjlol:

Starski

Superstar
Daps
i dont have a full understanding but i believe the fed can start doing yield curve control, where they buy longer-term bonds to keep the yield curve from steepening like it is now. this is different than the quantitative easing that the fed is currently doing, because now they buy a fixed number of treasuries per month (without caring about the price). so yield curve control is kinda like giving the fed free reign to buy as much as it needs to in order to hit a fixed yield target.

Australia just did that last week and yields spiked...

Australia's central bank commits to keep 3-year yields low amid bond rout | Financial Post

Neg rates perhaps

I know @the cac mamba head would explode at the idea of people being paid to expand the national deficit :dead:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
tenor.gif

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What tools does he have left to use? They cut rates to almost nothing.
They can buy down the 30 to bring down the 10
Australia just did that last week and yields spiked...

Australia's central bank commits to keep 3-year yields low amid bond rout | Financial Post

Neg rates perhaps

I know @the cac mamba head would explode at the idea of people being paid to expand the national deficit :dead:
i might have to put everything in bank stocks. They’ve been doing well the last month.