Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Say brehs, I know BYND is the leader in meat substitutes but are there any solid challengers ? I feel their stock price is kinda overvalued at the moment so I've been looking around but don't find any publicly traded companies that do lab grown meat for example. I know about EAT JUST but I read they are supposed to have an IPO this year.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Say brehs, I know BYND is the leader in meat substitutes but are there any solid challengers ? I feel their stock price is kinda overvalued at the moment so I've been looking around but don't find any publicly traded companies that do lab grown meat for example. I know about EAT JUST but I read they are supposed to have an IPO this year.

ttcf isn't a direct competitor but that's my play on this. Another is VRYYF but it's riskier. Nonetheless it is down almost 50% off the highs. Was close to $8 and now it's at $4 and change. So might be worth a look.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
AQB - genetically engineered, sustainably farmed fish. focus is selling to restaurants/wholesale food use since individuals are scared by anything GE/GMO (even tho most out produce is). high risk, but also high reward, we've got to find a way to sustainably feed people. AgTech/alt meats/lab grown meat has to succeed or else we're fukked

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
ttcf isn't a direct competitor but that's my play on this. Another is VRYYF but it's riskier. Nonetheless it is down almost 50% off the highs. Was close to $8 and now it's at $4 and change. So might be worth a look.
Both are plant-based and I feel like lab-grown meats will overtake plant-based meats in the long term. Was looking at this chart yesterday that goes in that direction :
lm7iqq3fxtk61.png

Except for water usage that is still quite high, rest is really better. And the lab-grown meat research is probably only gearing up so there's potentially good improvement on this weak point that is water usage.

But if there are no lab-grown stocks yet, I will definitely have a look at TTCF as it's still very affordable compared to BYND

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The same as breh who wants Tsla to go down to $300 bucks. That would mean something is seriously wrong and the company might go belly up
Tesla could go back to $300 or close to it. Apple is far healthier than Tesla as a company. shyt Tesla was almost $900 a little while ago and it's close to $600 now.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
AQB - genetically engineered, sustainably farmed fish. focus is selling to restaurants/wholesale food use since individuals are scared by anything GE/GMO (even tho most out produce is). high risk, but also high reward, we've got to find a way to sustainably feed people. AgTech/alt meats/lab grown meat has to succeed or else we're fukked
That's my thinking too. IMO, it's the next wave so hopefully more and more companies will go there.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm going through withdrawal symptoms over not buying Matterport at $13.60. It's causing me pain. I almost sold BREZ to raise capital.