Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isn't a correction with growth and innovation. That'd be 10-20%. Her highest holdings are being wiped off the map. i'm giving her a chance to turn it around i'm not selling out of her ETFs... but she deserves to be side eyed when she was completely caught off guard. Fund managers aren't supposed to be completely caught off guard.

I mean obviously nobody saw this

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
bought 10 $35 strike price puts on Five Prime Therapeutics (FPRX) @ $325.14 ($.32) (March 21)

We'll see what the next few days bring :mjlit:Already making money.

Edit: I got out of it, I see they have essentially locked the share price.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
NASDAQ is down 9% off its highs....S&P down 5.2% we're not down 30-40%...people's portfolios may be, but the markets aren't

The crash is localized. S&P is being held up by reopening names that aren't even good companies to begin with. AAL traded sideways for years. What's going to happen when the juice in the reopen is gone?

you would hope a rotation back into tech and growth but :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This isn't a correction with growth and innovation. That'd be 10-20%. Her highest holdings are being wiped off the map. i'm giving her a chance to turn it around i'm not selling out of her ETFs... but she deserves to be side eyed when she was completely caught off guard. Fund managers aren't supposed to be completely caught off guard.
:what: then what is it? what tech/innovation stocks are soaring right now?

yall loved the exposure to TSLA, SQ, TDOC, CRSP last year when they were booming, now they're crashing and she's supposed to be side eyed? you've given no clear alternative to what she was supposed to do? even if she saw rising bond yields coming, a 23B fund doesn't abandon its investments because a sector wide pullback is about to happen. these are the same companies people are sitting here buying the dip on yet she's supposed to jump ship in hopes of avoiding the downs that inevitably accompany the ups? :why:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:what: then what is it? what tech/innovation stocks are soaring right now?

yall loved the exposure to TSLA, SQ, TDOC, CRSP last year when they were booming, now they're crashing and she's supposed to be side eyed?

i don't know what their plan is. They completely sold out of Apple yesterday. They doubled down on Tesla in the high 700s. i'm giving it a chance but this is 6 months of growth being wiped away with these funds.