Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
uber is dead to me. i would do that in a heart beat
Same here. Uber and Lyft were both a huge monthly expenses for me up until March. You couldn't pay me to ride now.

And boy are they trying! Lyft keeps sending me deals for 50% off of rides for a week.
i used to take 3/4 ubers and lyfts a weekend

the other day, my phone told me to delete both apps because i havent used them in 4 months :dead:

don't really see that changing soon either

Thinking about selling my Uber position and using the proceeds as a source of funds. I'd be shocked if it does anything in the near-term. The delivery business isn't scalable.
I think the real question we should be asking is....

Is there a way that they can redeem themselves, even if a vaccine does come out early next year. Keep in mind more people will be learning and working from home in the near future. There will still be demand though because will still be going out on dates, parties, clubbing and the airport / train station.

Will lyft and uber be in a position to capitalize or a will new competitor lurking in the shadows step up (google / Tesla )?

Oh yeah and
:manny:

:win:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Hasn’t been having a great year but interesting. :patrice:

I’m still waiting on Airbnb.
Airbnb and Doordash will be great.

Doordash could actually ipo now and do just fine.

Airbnb might want to wait. No point right now, but they better be aware of potential competition once this pandemic is over.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Airbnb and Doordash will be great.

Doordash could actually ipo now and do just fine.

Airbnb might want to wait. No point right now, but they better be aware of potential competition once this pandemic is over.
U think Doordash would be good?

I stopped fukking with all food delivery services in the past year. :scust:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:wow: My Fidelity accounts total hasn't been this high since mid to late June. Was definitely a rocky July. Hopefully the index funds clear out decent and get me at a decent amount. Happy for OPTI but I need these other pennies to eventually perform and do something. I know CLIS should be releasing their beta soon and then their app. ZOM of course I just gotta be patient and everything else too since not worth selling for a loss if others are making up for it. Been a stressful ass weekend with crypto and forex killed me last night losing too much so its good to have the market pick me up today. :lawd: Friday afternoon is what I'm worried about cuz long as I have more money in total than last Friday then I'm happy.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
U think Doordash would be good?

I stopped fukking with all food delivery services in the past year. :scust:
You kidding me. :picard:

Food delivery apps got next.

One of the biggest companies in China is Meituan. That company is straight up printing money. Food delivery apps are projected to explode in the next 3-5 years, because they're getting so popular.

This podcast was pre-covid

Food delivery only got greater exposure due to the pandemic.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You kidding me. :picard:

Food delivery apps got next.

One of the biggest companies in China is Meituan. That company is straight up printing money. Food delivery apps are projected to explode in the next 3-5 years, because they're getting so popular.

This podcast was pre-covid

Food delivery only got greater exposure due to the pandemic.

I personally got tired of the ridiculous fees, wait time/fukked up orders, and the uncertainty if a dirty mothafukka is sipping my drink or eating my fries, plus the customer service on these apps is trash.

Maybe I let my displeasure blind me from the potential of the market. :lolbron:

I’ll look into it thanks breh :salute: