Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
CODX :stopitslime:

i got in at like $1.5 back in January and sold it for little gain cuz it wasnt doin anything. :beli:

and then i rode the pump in Marc at like $17 and sold it for a loss :bryan::mjcry:
one of the first stock i owned when i 1st started investing in march (off the strength of another coli member)
bought it at its peak of 17 and was hurt for months...sold at break even.Saw it hit 28 today and almost commited that :noah:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Beside Microsoft you playing any other call or putz?
Atm MSFT. But I am considering grabbing ATVI calls for tomorrow's earnings. I have no doubt that they beat earnings. EA beat earnings and they have far less shyt going on in that space

edit:In on ATVI calls, Also, HBP shares today for earnings

My posts are purely for entertainment purposes. The content of this post or any future or past post should not be misconstrued as financial advice. All investment decisions bare inherit risks. Investors should be aware of such risks before investing

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I was just looking back at my original post to start this thread. There's a great lesson there in the value of investing in an exceptional growth company (Apple).

In 2012, I had 65 shares of Apple. I worked retail through college and took Employee Stock as part of my pay. I maxed out the contributions. I ended up making more on the stock gains than I did with my part time wages for the year. I think I put in 5-6k and ended up turning that into 30k. That took about 4 years to get those gains (Apple was just starting to take over everything, I started collecting shares before the iPhone came out). So lesson 1, if you have the option for stock in the company you work for, and you believe in its potential for growth - take the equity and let it work for you.

I ended up selling all my shares in late 2013/early 2014 and pocketing that 30k (25 profit) and starting a business with it. It worked out very well but in hindsight I should have left the stock sit in my account. Those 65 shares would be 455 shares after the 2014 split. That would be about $190,000 today. In 8 years I would have turned 6k into 190k. (That's a 30x+ flip) :mjcry: So lesson 2, if you have an amazing stock - don't overthink it and let it do its magic. Long term the great companies always shine.

side note: Apple Retail let you put aside I think 5-10% of your paycheck and let it go towards stock. Then they would give you 15% off the lowest price of either the start or end of the quarter. You would literally make gains instantly when they awarded your options. I still have a few friends that either work there or still have their stock and some of these dudes that were making $15/hr for years now have 3-400k in AAPL stock that they got for pennies.

This is one of the greatest posts I have ever seen on any website. I tried to get my lil bro to do something like this when he was 16 and looking for a Job.