Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you guys think Tesla will be at least $1750 (+13% from now) on Aug 1st? what would you put the likelihood % at? :lupe:

considering making an options play on it
i'm (probably wrongly :dead:) waiting for it to get a little cheaper than it is right now, then grabbing 5-10 shares. but its clearly going nowhere but up this year. that S and P news solidifies it

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
You must always have at least some cash in your M1 or really any brokerage. You might not know exactly when you will use it but it's there.

Whoops

:francis:

I'm actually thinking about using some of my margin to buy Tesla next week too.

Figured I'd pay for it with my next paycheck. Then again the better play might be too buy Tesla through M1

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chinese electric vehicle maker Li Auto files for U.S. listing
BY Reuters
— 6:08 AM ET 07/11/2020

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese electric vehicle (EV) maker Li Auto Inc, backed by food delivery giant Meituan Dianping, has filed for a U.S. initial public offering.

The move, announced on Friday, comes as share prices of EV makers including Tesla Inc and Nio Inc have surged in recent months.

Five-year-old Li Auto, formerly known as CHJ Automotive, is building Li ONE extended-range electric sport-utility vehicles in China's eastern city of Changzhou.

Unlike rival Tesla and Nio's pure battery electric vehicles, Li ONE allows drivers to charge their cars with electricity or gasoline. Li Auto has 21 showrooms in China, the world's biggest auto market, and aims to operate 60 by the end of this year.

The Beijing-based company, led by chief executive Li Xiang, sold 9,666 vehicles in the first six months this year. China's overall electric vehicle market, however, fell for the twelfth straight month in June.

In a filing to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Li Auto said it intends to list its shares on the Nasdaq under the symbol "LI" .

Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and UBS are the underwriters for the IPO.

Reuters reported in January that Li Auto filed for a U.S. initial public offering, aiming to raise at least $500 million, citing people familiar with the matter.

(Reporting by Yilei Sun and Brenda Goh; Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Once you have 25000 in your account you’re good. You been trading long enough where that wouldn’t be an issue for you.

you're right but it's not just the PDT I don't like margins for a number of reasons and even so I'm moving more into my M1 lately and doing less overall trading outside of the few longs and SPACs I got. I don't feel great about the overall market.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I was just doing some toilet thinking about Tesla and the whole EV thing. They already got the car game down, plus the battery day coming in September. Plus Elon owns SpaceX which just had their shuttle launch. But imagine if they expanded to other things as well. There was a thread in TLR little while back about the US being behind as far as commuter rails such as bullet trains like the ones in Japan. Or even the regular cargo trains. Imagine if Tesla built an engine for those trains, both commercial and industrial, and moved them from coal to electric. The big positive effect it will have on the environment would be tremendous. But even better, imagine if Tesla built a fukking plane engine. They already working on a truck and trying to eliminate diesel fuel. I think within the next 5, if not 10 years, that they build a plane engine or just revolutionize the industry. The ability to cut down on oil and help save the environment will definitely be something of the future and even today with all the work they have done. There's so much potential there. Look at how the environment and nature started improving around the world with less pollution and smog as more and more people were quarantined and not out driving. I think we got a lot of potential this next decade to really change things around and improve things. Hopefully Tesla, and other companies are able to get us to a better tomorrow. :wow: