Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Elon Musk just became richer than Warren Buffett - CNN

Musk owns 20.8% of Tesla's stock, making his stake worth just under $60 billion. Musk is also the primary shareholder of privately held SpaceX, as well as a privately held tunneling company.

Sucks you can't buy spacex stock. Hopefully one day, as well as that tunneling company. :jbhmm:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Im up 35% without tesla for past 12 months.. But im up 80% with tesla.

Tesla da gawd :blessed:

:shaq:

Smart-Select-20200710-181841-Fidelity.jpg

Robinhood update

Smart-Select-20200710-185322-Robinhood.jpg
Also in gene and pixy. I feel gene is gonna run soon

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
So I want everyone to be realistic here. Understand this crisis isn’t is going away, anytime soon unless 1) we as a nation really decide to get serious with PPE. 2) We actually flatten the curve, not buckle to demand because of American entitlement and fomo.

With that said a proper vaccine won’t be available until at least November at the earliest and that’s from INO. They’re going need for a lot of things to go right as well.

The next closet bet is going come from AZN, and their trials won’t be done until around early spring 2021.

Now on the next major issue, scaling up. The scaling up process takes TIME. Imagine trying Scale a vaccine for 7 Billion people. So we’re looking at another 6-18 months to just scale up.

Now my real point is there can be real sound investments to be made moving forward. Think like this if you’re investing long term consider what the Economy will need a year from now, maybe even 2 or 3 years from now. This is a great time to build equity on the low from certain brands as well as fomo stocks like: zoom, Amazon, google, sq, Tesla, etc.....

In closing where a fukking mask, wash your hands and stop only thinking about your selfish wants and needs.

A small bit of sacrifice will bring back normalcy a lot quicker than people think.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Rivian looks like its got a legit shot to rival Tesla in the future. Some big names backing it
Damn EV is taking off like a mofo. Never thought I’d see the day.

Rivian is definitely an a future ipo to look out for but that could be 2-5 years away. I saw they just secured 2.5 Billion in funding today though.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
anybody have any suggestions for opening an IRA through a brokerage like fidelity to funnel shares/ETFs/mutual funds to avoid tax hits?
i believe you can contribute 6k yearly but im assuming growth due to the market does not count against the 6k
help :to:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anybody have any suggestions for opening an IRA through a brokerage like fidelity to funnel shares/ETFs/mutual funds to avoid tax hits?
i believe you can contribute 6k yearly but im assuming growth due to the market does not count against the 6k
help :to:
yea just opened a roth ira with fidelity last year. i do mutual funds in there, easier to keep track of the dollar amount. my suggestions

FXAIX - S&P - .02 expense
FSPGX - large cap growth - .03 expense
FNCMX - nasdaq - .3 expense

technically you can trade/sell in there and it doesnt count towards the 6k like you said

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
yea just opened a roth ira with fidelity last year. i do mutual funds in there, easier to keep track of the dollar amount. my suggestions

FXAIX - S&P - .02 expense
FSPGX - large cap growth - .03 expense
FNCMX - nasdaq - .3 expense

technically you can trade/sell in there and it doesnt count towards the 6k like you said
got it, much appreciated :salute:
so its pretty much mutuals funds to choose from? i would def go with FXAIX & FNCMX if i cant use the ETF of QQQ & SPY then.
so my plan is just to deposit 6k into my IRA account and buy these mutual funds, i dont plan to sell or trade in it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
got it, much appreciated :salute:
so its pretty much mutuals funds to choose from? i would def go with FXAIX & FNCMX if i cant use the ETF of QQQ & SPY then.
so my plan is just to deposit 6k into my IRA account and buy these mutual funds, i dont plan to sell or trade in it.
nah, you can buy whatever you want, stocks, ETFs. its the same as the taxable brokerage

i just buy those so theres no spare change lying around. with funds you buy straight dollar amount, not shares