Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen movie)

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this is one movie that will be hella polarizing, in that you can see both sides. The movie is generic as hell, to the point you have to wonder is every artist's story the same or do they just give them all the same story? HOWEVER, the performances are great. Rami Malek killed that ish. Everyone did their thing. I hella enjoyed it, and I think they did a good job with a basic story that really is about the music.

Exactly

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree with everybody that it was safe & cookie cutter but still enjoyed the hell out of it none the less.

The way they recreated the costumes and Freddie's voice and the big performances was amazing. As a Queen fan hard not to appreciate it

I'm a huge Sacha Baron Cohen fan and wanted him in the role but after seeing it, completely sold on Rami Malek. Dude was phenomenal

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I’m not sure when I can go see this, pretty busy this weekend but also my MoviePass is acting up, all the theaters near me don’t show any films I can see.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I love this trailer when it comes on at the movie theater:ooh:
the music knocks:ohlawd:
their greatest hits album always gets play when I'm on a long drive:mjgrin:
"Fat Bottom Girls":obama:

cacscan-store.png

Daps
I thought this was so generic. I was a huge Queen fan but dropped off after the Hot Space album. I was expecting more craziness, but tbh all of the other members of the group come off as boring and should have been cast in Father Knows Best the way they were portrayed.
(I used to hear stories about Queen parties where midgets walked around with large plates on their heads full of cocaine. People would just lean over to snort
I am probably the only Queen fan in the world who would have much preferred a concert performance from the Queen Live Killers or the News of the World tour rather than Live Aid.
(hated the whole Freddy gets his AIDS diagnoses and then walks past young dude who looks like a Wikipedia drawing of Karposi Sarcoma )
Also I heard an interview with Nile Rogers who told host Terry Gross that John Deacon lifted the baseline from Chic's Good Times for Another One Bites The Dust. He was in the studio when they recorded their hit.
Overall I was glad I saw it but I was bored throughout.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The critics are so fukking wrong on this one. I don't know what movie they were watching, but the Bohemian Rhapsody I saw was fantastic. Rami Malek did THAT, and it was about more than Freddie. The movie highlighted the contributions of all of the band members, their dynamics, how Freddie's personality and star quality helped the band and hindered it. I love how it showed the complexity of his sexuality and relationships with various people. There was this devastating loneliness underneath of Freddie, that you could feel when he was all alone and made me squirm in my seat. By the end, everyone on my row was sniffling. The critics are so out of touch on this one. I think it's one of the best biopics I've seen in a very long time.

9 out of 10 for me because I only wanted more really.
Yup I just saw this and it’s the movie of the year to me.

Mr robot absolutely destroyed his role. Should win the Oscar

Didn’t think about walking out once

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
boring movie but Malek kicked ass.

Mike Myers character ""you need a song teenagers can get in their cars and bang their heads to, and that song is not Bohemian Rhapsody"

:dead:

thats why he was cast, lol.

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Man, I thought this thread was at least 8 pages. :patrice:

Been wondering if I should watch this. I dig Queen’s stuff, but I’m not a big fan.

unless you wanna see recreations of their hits, I'd pass. While I did personally enjoy the flick, it's an extremely shallow level look into their career, and only thing on point were the performances/acting.