Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen movie)

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I heard this was mainly lies...like more than the usual biopic.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
As someone that knew very little about Queen, I enjoyed the movie. My son was singing a long with some of the songs. We had to keep making him close his eyes though because of how gay it was.

was gay as hell i knw nothing of queen before but they have alot of hits songs i never even knew they created

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
was gay as hell i knw nothing of queen before but they have alot of hits songs i never even knew they created

Me too! I had no idea that they made some of the songs I had heard before but never knew was from them.

The gayness was hard to digest. Especially him having aids, and how sickly he got. I was like...:scust::picard::mjcry: by the end.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Me too! I had no idea that they made some of the songs I had heard before but never knew was from them.

The gayness was hard to digest. Especially him having aids, and how sickly he got. I was like...:scust::picard::mjcry: by the end.

maxresdefault.jpg

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
If gay scenes really bother you then dont watch rocket man, theres like only one scene but imo that was too much.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Yup, he basically said that on Howard Stern. Brian May told Cohen that he wanted Freddie to die an hour into the movie and the the next hour of the movie to be about Queen after Freddie. With all due respect, nobody wants to see that. Queen are great musicians and all that, but there would be no Queen without Freddie.

Even worse is Cohen at one point had David Fincher attached. We coulda had a Freddie Mercury movie starring Sacha Baron Cohen and directed by David Fincher but gotta settle for this bullshyt instead.
:wtf:

Man Brian May a legend but wtf was he thinking.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I don't see the positive reactions on how they handled Freddie Mercury's sexuality in the movie. They show literally nothing outside of him occasionally staring at men, and for a guy who was so notoriously deep in the 70s rockstar sex game that's just playing it way too safe. Same with the aids story. Outside of them messing with the timeline so it appears he knew and announced to the band he had aids before the Live Aid performance, it's still treated like an afterthought when the 80s aids scare was serious as hell and dominated his life for years. Reducing that to a 10 minute bit is just insulting.

And I don't think they properly highlighted the band as a whole at all. Yes, they mention often enough that the other members wrote and created some of their most famous songs too and it wasn't just a Freddie solo effort, but outside of that, what does this movie teach you about them? Absolutely nothing. Even with the movie stating it focuses mostly on Freddie Mercury, they still feel like extras and barely proper side characters.
Yea I watched something on youtube and Freddie really started wilding out in the early 80s..

The Munuch scenes were short...he was doing nothing but partying and fukking.

After the Live Aid he wanted to create as much as possible and even shot a music video clearly suffering from effects.

This movie couldve been atleast 30-45mins longer

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ima keep it real it wasn’t a bad movie at all. Formulaic as hell, but MOST biopics are. Remi killed it and deserved his oscar. The whole cast really did a great job elevating the material.

Yes the movie was gay. But not crazy gay. Freddie Mercury was gay as hell so they had to show that aspect.

The final Live Aid performance was incredible.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Ima keep it real it wasn’t a bad movie at all. Formulaic as hell, but MOST biopics are. Remi killed it and deserved his oscar. The whole cast really did a great job elevating the material.

Yes the movie was gay. But not crazy gay. Freddie Mercury was gay as hell so they had to show that aspect.

The final Live Aid performance was incredible.
I don't understand these dudes..

Watch a movie on a flamboyant gay lead singer and complain about gay shyt
:mjlol:

shyt was tamer than Spartacus.