Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen movie)

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
They got Freddie Mercury topping dudes off in this?

JOEY-CRAWFORD.gif

:dame:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
He does seem to have the stage mannerisms down to a t

7B5N1XD.gif

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The movie is generic as hell. The cast is great and Rami Malek does an amazing job as Freddie but this movie plays everything way too safe and provides a very "clean" look at Queen's history. It's best said (as many other critics have pointed out), in one of the earlier scenes they tell a record label executive that they don't want to be formulaic, they want to be experimental and always search for something new, and this movie is the exact opposite of that. Add that the movie plays very loose with certain developments and it isn't even that accurate a story either. The performances are the only thing keeping this from being a visualized "greatest hits" playlist.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The critics are so fukking wrong on this one. I don't know what movie they were watching, but the Bohemian Rhapsody I saw was fantastic. Rami Malek did THAT, and it was about more than Freddie. The movie highlighted the contributions of all of the band members, their dynamics, how Freddie's personality and star quality helped the band and hindered it. I love how it showed the complexity of his sexuality and relationships with various people. There was this devastating loneliness underneath of Freddie, that you could feel when he was all alone and made me squirm in my seat. By the end, everyone on my row was sniffling. The critics are so out of touch on this one. I think it's one of the best biopics I've seen in a very long time.

9 out of 10 for me because I only wanted more really.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
In all honesty thia is the James Brown movie all over again. I'll say this Rami Malek is one of the best young talents of his generation. He killed it. Actually the acting in general was excellent but I felt they could have taken a few more risks the movie itself was a bit by the numbers.

That being said Queen remains one of my favorite rock groups of all time.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The movie is generic as hell. The cast is great and Rami Malek does an amazing job as Freddie but this movie plays everything way too safe and provides a very "clean" look at Queen's history. It's best said (as many other critics have pointed out), in one of the earlier scenes they tell a record label executive that they don't want to be formulaic, they want to be experimental and always search for something new, and this movie is the exact opposite of that. Add that the movie plays very loose with certain developments and it isn't even that accurate a story either. The performances are the only thing keeping this from being a visualized "greatest hits" playlist.

The critics are so fukking wrong on this one. I don't know what movie they were watching, but the Bohemian Rhapsody I saw was fantastic. Rami Malek did THAT, and it was about more than Freddie. The movie highlighted the contributions of all of the band members, their dynamics, how Freddie's personality and star quality helped the band and hindered it. I love how it showed the complexity of his sexuality and relationships with various people. There was this devastating loneliness underneath of Freddie, that you could feel when he was all alone and made me squirm in my seat. By the end, everyone on my row was sniffling. The critics are so out of touch on this one. I think it's one of the best biopics I've seen in a very long time.

9 out of 10 for me because I only wanted more really.

:jbhmm: