Bobby Kotick agrees with Jim Ryan, Gamepass is value-destructive

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I don’t care whether he “likes” it. I care that the ceo of the largest 3rd party publisher doesn’t find it to be a viable means of releasing their games. It speaks to the viability of a service like that for the long run of AAA gaming.

Same thing Strauss Zelnik said, it’s not realistic to release big games on it and we’re gonna see Microsoft pivot away from it as more of their big games start releasing.

most of us are not trying to see gaming degraded the way music and video has
Who gives a fukk, once again why would YOU as a consumer care about additional options of receiving content? As of right now it is realistic to microsoft ea and ubi, who gives a shyt if some random ceo wants status quo. Wild to see consumers dikk eat ceos financial statements on viability.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The internal documentation all says they never even considered pulling Activision content from Playstation. Jim Ryan himself said he doesn’t think they will remove content. They’ve already signed contracts which they can’t just throw in the bushes after they get out of court.

You can’t block this merger on “where does it stop”

It stops when it would be actually monopolistic. Like they have enough money to buy sony themselves if they just wanted to get them out of the paint. That would obviously and rightfully be blocked. Like Jim Ryan said they could just buy exclusivity for activision for like $3B if they just wanted to take it away from playstation.
You’re not wrong, but I’ve seen companies (in other sectors) completely switch up after mergers/acquisitions go through.

And what’s going to happen if they do that? A couple million dollar fine and they get to do what they want.

It’s not just a M$ deal with me. I hate seeing the Tencents, EAs, etc buy up all these publishers/developers. But now a console maker is running around buying all these already consolidated publishers and honestly I don’t see how this is a good thing 5-10 years down the line.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Who gives a fukk, once again why would YOU as a consumer care about additional options of receiving content? As of right now it is realistic to microsoft ea and ubi, who gives a shyt if some random ceo wants status quo. Wild to see consumers dikk eat ceos financial statements on viability.

Because it effects the games they make :what:

jsut like every other streaming service

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Because it effects the games they make :what:

jsut like every other streaming service
nikka :what: how has streaming services impacted the way shows are produced?

How have they impacted the way podcast are made?

How have they impacted the way music is made?

Is making podcast and music and shows cheaper now? :what:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You’re not wrong, but I’ve seen companies (in other sectors) completely switch up after mergers/acquisitions go through.

And what’s going to happen if they do that? A couple million dollar fine and they get to do what they want.

It’s not just a M$ deal with me. I hate seeing the Tencents, EAs, etc buy up all these publishers. But now a console maker is running around buying all these already consolidated publishers Iand honestly I don’t see how this is a good thing 5-10 years down the line.
They would get sued. EU actually said they would monitor and enforce the agreements. Everybody buying shyt. If you aren’t buying shyt you aren’t serious about being competitive in the gaming market.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
nikka :what: how has streaming services impacted the way shows are produced?

How have they impacted the way podcast are made?

How have they impacted the way music is made?

Is making podcast and music and shows cheaper now? :what:
The introduction of streaming services directly correlates to the rise of bullshyt productions outnumbering good shyt. how many good shows are on Netflix/amazon/Disney+/paramount+/Hulu/etc compared to straight trash?

The same goes for any other streaming service.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The introduction of streaming services directly correlates to the rise of bullshyt productions outnumbering good shyt. how many good shows are on Netflix/amazon/Disney+/paramount+/Hulu/etc compared to straight trash?

Netflix got 50 different versions of love is blind and the circle, but we questioning the need of providing non-stop contents effects on streaming :mjlol:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Yes because that correlates with the rise in content in general, we're getting more content which includes movies show games music etc. We're literally getting more content than ever only an idiot would argue otherwise. The investments in entertainment is higher than its ever been. "Good shows"
are subjective opinion, we are getting more diverse content than ever.
Reality tv, documentaries, limiting content, shorter series runs, etc.

There is a lot of cost cutting going on right now in streaming with prices continually increasing
This isn’t true. Some of you have some crazy nostalgia glasses on, we're getting more content than ever before more shows more reality tv series more documentaries etc.

For example HBO investments in shows is higher than its ever been. That’s just a fact

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yes because that correlates with the rise in content in general, we're getting more content which includes movies show games music etc. We're literally getting more content than ever only an idiot would argue otherwise. The investments in entertainment is higher than its ever been.

This isn’t true. Some of you have some crazy nostalgia glasses on, we're getting more content than ever before more shows more reality tv series more documentaries etc.

Yea there’s good content out there, but you have to wade through 50% more shyt to find it.