gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I mean, Diablo 4 is currently printing money and Gamepass would do nothing for that games success honestly
I fail to see how gamepass helps any already established series. Especially something like Diablo. M$ knows this hence why they decided to go on a buying spree.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
CMA and FTC

and nothing sensitive this way, I talk to kids like this all the time.

forgot to include a random article that conveys the same opinion I do.

CMA dropped the console portion of their opposition so on that point they agree that Microsoft owning Activision does not harm competitors or competition in the console space. So you don’t even agree with them.

Those who want it blocked is usually for ideological reasons. They just don’t like big mergers. But in order to block it you have to prove it’s bad for consumers and competition based on the merits of the case. FTC is currently failing miserably at proving their case.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I fail to see how gamepass helps any already established series. Especially something like Diablo. M$ knows this hence why they decided to go on a buying spree.
Those types of games aren’t helped by gamepass. They exist to help gamepass. That’s why microsoft won’t make them exclusive. They print money and they can still attract customers to gamepass.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, Diablo 4 is currently printing money and Gamepass would do nothing for that games success honestly
Diablo 4 is printing money, pays for game 1 time
Diablo 4 is printing Money, guy you pays monthly partly because diablo 4 is on game pass

:jbhmm:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those types of games aren’t helped by gamepass. They exist to help gamepass. That’s why microsoft won’t make them exclusive. They print money and they can still attract customers to gamepass.
Right, MS want's content for gamepass, Multiplayer games and GAAS will pretty much always (mostly) be Multiplat if MS is smart. Especially established series like that.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
crazy to get undeniable proof that everything we’ve been saying is right though. Right there in bold writing from the CEO’s themselves :blessed:
Why as a consumer would you care if some sleezeball ceo likes gamepass? This some weird dikk eating shill shyt as a consumer lmao

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Compare it to Netflix: eventually, gaming companies don't wanna be bought, m$ takes the quantity over quality* approach (already happening) and floods their service with throwaways, but every once in a while you get a banger. ultimate goal: have niccas paying a sub price for 1-2 great games every six months surrounded by literal garbage. then incrementally raise the price due to "rising development/sustainment costs"

Meanwhile, the devs/publishers that held out continue to produce multiplats and demanding reasonable splits

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
CMA dropped the console portion of their opposition so on that point they agree that Microsoft owning Activision does not harm competitors or competition in the console space. So you don’t even agree with them.

Those who want it blocked is usually for ideological reasons. They just don’t like big mergers. But in order to block it you have to prove it’s bad for consumers and competition based on the merits of the case. FTC is currently failing miserably at proving their case.
This is with the assumption M$ isn't playing dirty. They're in court saying this is "for all gamers" when the documentation and previous actions prove it's a completely different story.

Yea, it's a ideological thing with me. I don't even play CoD anymore, but to think this is the last of their major purchases is nuts. So I ask again (yes hypothetically), where does it stop?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why as a consumer would you care if some sleezeball ceo likes gamepass? This some weird dikk eating shill shyt as a consumer lmao

I don’t care whether he “likes” it. I care that the ceo of the largest 3rd party publisher doesn’t find it to be a viable means of releasing their games. It speaks to the viability of a service like that for the long run of AAA gaming.

Same thing Strauss Zelnik said, it’s not realistic to release big games on it and we’re gonna see Microsoft pivot away from it as more of their big games start releasing.

most of us are not trying to see gaming degraded the way music and video has

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is with the assumption M$ isn't playing dirty. They're in court saying this is "for all gamers" when the documentation and previous actions prove it's a completely different story.
The internal documentation all says they never even considered pulling Activision content from Playstation. Jim Ryan himself said he doesn’t think they will remove content. They’ve already signed contracts which they can’t just throw in the bushes after they get out of court.
Yea, it's a ideological thing with me. I don't even play CoD anymore, but to think this is the last of their major purchases is nuts. So I ask again (yes hypothetically), where does it stop?
You can’t block this merger on “where does it stop”

It stops when it would be actually monopolistic. Like they have enough money to buy sony themselves if they just wanted to get them out of the paint. That would obviously and rightfully be blocked. Like Jim Ryan said they could just buy exclusivity for COD for like $3B if they just wanted to take it away from playstation.