Daps
Last edited:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Got past those 2 snipers on the hill, killed the 2 executioners, went into some place with a big silver plate on the ground, some huge semi-invisible thing grabs me lifts me up then "you died" :dwillhuh:

Funny, I just did that part too and the exact same thing happened to me. Yeah, those invisible creatures actually become visible once you have enough Insight.

You'll deal with that area later. At the michael myer guys with the sticks, go left instead of right.

When is this area accessible?

Just got Ludwig's Blade & Gun :banderas:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got through my first deep dive brehs and :whew: this game is intense. Racked up about 5000 blood echos before I made my way to some bridge with two werewolves. Them niccas almost claimed my life but I managed to out play em both for the kill. Had to drop it down before I passed out brehs. That feeling of going back and getting 3 levels :banderas:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So I'm done. Played a bit of new game+ and the chalice dungeons.

My overall conclusion:

First off I really enjoyed my playtime, one of the best games this gen.

With that said I'd still rate this in 3rd place after DS1 and DS2.

I'll start with the positives. Bloodborne controls, graphics, and presentation are a new high for the series. Being next gen truly shows, the level of detail in the animations/environment is far and away better than any previous souls titles. There's so much detail going on. And the little things add up. You make a big swing at an enemy and miss, you can still see the momentum from you swing blow the fabric of the enemies outfit. It sounds small, but there's little details like this all over that make this game more immersive than previous titles.

The controls are a lot smoother and responsive. The previous souls games feel a bit clunky and laborious in comparison. The camera swings quickly and accurately, a I never felt like I was fighting against the controls like I did in previous souls games. A downside to this is it made the game easier. In DS1 and 2 you'd have to compensate for the clunky controls. In bloodborne it seems the dodge button is a bit OP. you can't get hit during the dodge animation and you cover a lot of ground when using it.

With that said, the omissions, far outweigh the improvements.

Bloodborne is VERY limited in combat options/strategy compared to the previous souls games. There are very few weapons; and they all kinda feel the same. I truly missed being able to use the huge spears or greatswords, or dual blades. There's really no option for making a range character. While the idea of using guns instead of sheilds was pretty cool, I found myself ignoring the gun altogether, except for the one or two bosses that were vulnerable to them. Also i chose my armor for pure cosmetic reasons, in previous titles the type of armor you wore made a huge difference.

My second gripe is the boss battles. It could be cause my better skill at souls games, but I felt like a bunch of the boss battles were very easy. I beat a couple of them on the first try(never did that in previous souls titles) and none of them were very memorable. They all pretty much require the same strategy, and a couple of them had "cheats" or secrets that made them too easy.

My 3rd negative is the level design. It seems like they read the complaints about the lack of shortcuts in DS2 and just went crazy with them in bloodborne. The levels were all kinda samey and forgettable. I was confused most of the time, and never felt like I had an intimate knoledge of the levels like i did with DS1 and 2. Also in both one and two a lot of the levels dictated the challenge/strategy. I.E. the water level at the end of DS2 with all the dudes shooting magic at you. The level itself made the challenge/strategy change, on top of the already challenging combat. Bloodborne didn't have any of that. The levels kinda blended together, and looking back I can't recall one level that stood out to me.

My final gripe is the final boss fight:beli:

It was kinda disappointing. The fight itself was good and challenging, but the build up was crap compared to the other games. In both DS1 and 2 the final level leading to the boss was very challenging, and required all the skills you learned so far. In bloodborne they just kinda tell you to fight the final boss.

All in all I think its a great game. The technical issues took away fromthe experince a bit and i wonder if some of my boss battles were effected by memory leaks, but all in all its another hit by FROM. Going forward I hope they shake things up a bit. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game, but that's 4 in a row now. Hopefully they step out and give is another awesome formula to fawn over before they drive this one into the ground.

In conclusion I'd give this game a 8.5 will be checking for the inevitable DLC

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Ns

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
:russ: @ @Mowgli getting manhandled by those little blue aliens.

i was watching through share play and dude was running for his life, then one smacked him up side the head from behind and killed him :laff:

it was even more hilarious when his character started screaming like charles xavier :laff:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:russ: @ @Mowgli getting manhandled by those little blue aliens.

i was watching through share play and dude was running for his life, then one smacked him up side the head from behind and killed him :laff:

it was even more hilarious when his character started screaming like charles xavier :laff:

NO potion crew, you not a member.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Is there any point in upgrading 'arcane' and 'bloodtinge'?
Yea different weapons scale with different stats, and their scaling increases as you upgrade the weapon, sometimes getting a better scaling on a completely different stat than you would think when you start upgrading it.

For instance Ludwigs Holy Blade ends up with A arcane scaling when it's +10 even though it is almost entirely based on strength and skill until that point.

Also the special hunter tools usually require a high arcane stat, one even as high as 40

It depends on your build though.

The special hunter tools are basically like magic, letting you summon certain things etc.

The customization is actually much deeper than it seems on the surface.

Some weapons scale with skill more than strength, or vice versa.

Also guns scale with bloodtinge, but some weapons are affected by it too.

There are 9 of those special hunter tools hidden throughout the game, some let you summon creatures for help, or act as ranged magic attacks, and they wil scale with arcane usually.

There's also 2 versions of every weapon in the game. The 2nd versions of each weapon have slightly diff stats and different blood gem slots. I believe you have to do chalice dungeons for the variations.

Blood gems can drastically affect your character too. Like if you use a spear with a lot of blunt attacks, a gem that ups blunt can be useful.

Or if you have an axe with a lot of thrust attacks use a gem that upgrades thrust.

Some even remove physical effects of a regular weapon and add elemental damage instead, completely changin the weapon.

There is also runes. Basically character modifiers. I have one that gives me 200 hp every time I get a visceral attack encouraging parrying often for instance.

Just experiment for now.

Last edited: