Bloodborne OT [The Old Hunters DLC Out NOW!]

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yea different weapons scale with different stats, and their scaling increases as you upgrade the weapon, sometimes getting a better scaling on a completely different stat than you would think when you start upgrading it.

For instance Ludwigs Holy Blade ends up with A arcane scaling when it's +10 even though it is almost entirely based on strength and skill until that point.

Also the special hunter tools usually require a high arcane stat, one even as high as 40

It depends on your build though.

The special hunter tools are basically like magic, letting you summon certain things etc.

The customization is actually much deeper than it seems on the surface.

Some weapons scale with skill more than strength, or vice versa.

Also guns scale with bloodtinge, but some weapons are affected by it too.

There are 9 of those special hunter tools hidden throughout the game, some let you summon creatures for help, or act as ranged magic attacks, and they wil scale with arcane usually.

There's also 2 versions of every weapon in the game. The 2nd versions of each weapon have slightly diff stats and different blood gem slots. I believe you have to do chalice dungeons for the variations.

Blood gems can drastically affect your character too. Like if you use a spear with a lot of blunt attacks, a gem that ups blunt can be useful.

Or if you have an axe with a lot of thrust attacks use a gem that upgrades thrust.

Some even remove physical effects of a regular weapon and add elemental damage instead, completely changin the weapon.

There is also runes. Basically character modifiers. I have one that gives me 200 hp every time I get a visceral attack encouraging parrying often for instance.

Just experiment for now.

Actually, there are 3 versions of every weapon. Normal, Uncanny and Lost.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just popped in Dark Souls for a while to see how it feels. Still feels great to play albeit slower. I've only played BB for about 10 hours and I'm in some area where you fight against some npc hunter or w/e while something is shooting at you from atop a building. I'd say I prefer Bloodbornes gameplay over Dark Souls. Though I'm definitely jealous of the load times in DS though :whew:.

I wish BB was running at 60fps because I honestly don't see what's causing it not to.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
We don't all fight bosses stocked up on blood vials.

Destroyed that alien with no blood vials

Then I beat the next boss after that.

A boss @SumBlackguyz ran from talkin bout he wasn't ready for.

Dude like 20 levels ahead of me. I walked in there and Destroyed that boss.

But courage often separates elite gamers from casuals.

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC

how many blood vials did you run through on that second boss though? :usure:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
NO potion crew, you not a member.

Let me hear you say that when you beat Logarius legit. That blood rapture rune wont save you when he go super saiyan on you :cr:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I wish BB was running at 60fps because I honestly don't see what's causing it not to.

Poor optimization. Also the whole world minus a few areas can be run to from end to end. I'd imagine rendering all that takes a lot out of the cpu and a lot of space in ram.

Game would be so dope at 60 fps though :banderas:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Poor optimization. Also the whole world minus a few areas can be run to from end to end. I'd imagine rendering all that takes a lot out of the cpu and a lot of space in ram.

Game would be so dope at 60 fps though :banderas:

For real. You can run from the start of the game to The One Reborn which is 75% into the main story without a single loading screen :whew:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Can somebody please tell me how to beat the 2nd Boss that turns into a Wolf when his energy is low. I heard you can throw oil on him then throw the fire cocktails but I can't find any more oil urns