Daps
:wow: These respawning enemies

ZCrT12r.png
Ima make their leader famous

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Just got to Rom, any tips for a breh?

Try to kill the first wave of spiders because those little b*stards add up. After that its just get in there and get some hits on its mid body or ass while trying to get through traffic but don't get greedy. Don't use lock on either. Oh and you can keep hitting it while it's teleporting.

I'd tell you how to avoid them walter white crystals but :yeshrug:

It has a close range one that it'll do after rolling over. When it does that roll your ass up outta there too.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
So it looks like this memory leak issue dumbing down boss A.I. is very real.

The world record holder for speed runs ( and a number of other famous souls players) in Bloodborne confirmed that when the memory leak happens the full a.i. routine for bosses doesn't load. When this happens bosses will only do one or two moves.

He says it completely breaks the bosses and has agreed any speed run where it happens doesn't count towards the world record.

He was able to beat the entire game in 35 minutes when the memory leak was active.

His real record without any memory leak issues is 1:05 minutes I believe.

He goes by Oginam_TV. He's a world record speed runner in Dark Souls Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne (i'm pretty sure)

Here's a direct quote from one of his videos

Due to a glitch outside speed run that affected the AI of bosses and potentially other enemies, the old runs by myself and irey_tv were void. Closing the game entirely and restarting it solves the problem and it's appearance in runs is fairly obvious (the bosses use one or two attacks and appear less aggressive). This is the new WR and the first solid test I've done with the Cane. I lost 1-2 minutes overall, most of which is due to the horrible death near the end.

He also talks about it in this video

So just a heads up to the other players in here, if you've been playing with the game loaded for multiple hours, and suddenly a boss you heard was tough is extremely easy, non aggressive and using a limited move set, just reset you're game and it should reset the memory, and load the proper a.i. routines, giving you the proper challenge.

Hope they patch this, it's not necessarily guaranteed to happen, and nobody has pinned down and exact amount of time for it to occur. There could be many different variables at play.

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
That's not elite enough because it's not the easiest. It's not finesse enough.

My way guarantees he dies and you get his items. That way guatantees he dies
When I went back to the top of the tower, the item was laying there on the ground. I picked it up, it didnt register so it was still laying for me to pick it up again. Would'nt let me pick it up, so my method proves superior

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
Finished the Defiled Chalice dungeon :blessed:

Hardest part of the game :pacspit:

Should have dat plat trophy by tomorrow :takedat:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
When I went back to the top of the tower, the item was laying there on the ground. I picked it up, it didnt register so it was still laying for me to pick it up again. Would'nt let me pick it up, so my method proves superior
I don't have to fire a bullet

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
You guys really stumbled upon this Lagarius boss all on your own? Just by the item description?

what possible clues could you have to go back to the clinic through the lost woods, pick up a specific item, and then go back to witches abode and walk up to the right tombstone? what guided you on this journey :mindblown: I mean I found that shortcut in the cave and the item on my own.

Did you guys just read witches abode in the item description and accidentally walk by that pillar?

Getting the note was accidental, but once I discovered that clinic shortcut, I got sidetracked exploring there.

After getting the note I read it and it said to take it to the place it needs to be brought :manny:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Memory leak, hes usually alot harder
Cept my console was on for 5 minutes before I fought him and he did his entire move set.

He's only easy cause you can exploit hiding under his legs.

Don't be so :umad: that you got to fight Lagarious with a 2 move set in slow motion while the rest of us had to fight him with 15 moves being spammed in rapid succession :laff:

You're still an elite gamer. But it's obvious when the memory leak is happening.

http://gearnuke.com/bloodborne-ps4-memory-leak-makes-game-much-easier-resulting-easy-boss-battles/

Matter of fact Lagarious is the main culprit of this

Other comments confirm the same has happened with them. Bosses can actually have a reduced moveset if the game is running far too long, resulting in a much more simpler and easier battle with them.

Yeah especially online guides. I think for the roof guy boss, I saw a YouTube guide and all the comments were complaining about how the AI was spamming his melee attacks in the video which didn’t happen in their game. This explains it

Hmm what a coincidence, he spammed melee attacks when you fought him too. But no magic or dodge counters :ohhh:

I had this issue on my first playthrough too.

• Mergo’s Wet Nurse did nothing but walk towards me while flailing. No dark cloud phase. She was basically stuck walking towards me like a slow lawnmower.
  • Micolash did nothing but try to hit me with his fists. No tentacle attack, no cosmos attack.
  • Ebrietas repeatedly faceplanted and spit blood at me. No cosmos attack, no forward lunge, no variations.
  • Logarius just used his scythe attack, zero spellcasting. He was permanently stuck swinging at me like this.
  • Abhorrent beast did nothing but his 3 hit combo in every phase.
Needless to say, I was very disappointed at the bosses until I started looking up Youtube videos and I saw them doing completely different things. Then I learned about the memory leak. This is very important information that everyone should know. It needs to be stickie’d at the top of this subreddit for maximum visibility, as it can potentially ruin your first playthrough.

:whoo: wow what a coincidence. observations that he only spams his melee scythe attack with the memory leak.

Go ring your resonant bell in front of Lagarious right now and record it. Bet he does more moves :mjpls: